2Excel Aviation Ltd is an industry leader in specialised and innovative solutions for aviation’s most complex challenges. Our success is based on the talented and experienced people that make up our workforce.
We are seeking to appoint a new full-time role, Head of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) to join our team.
The post will initially reside within the Trials Organisation which may have the potential to develop into a Head of Department Role within either the Capability Development or Special Missions Divisions. You will be responsible to Capability Development Head of Flight Trials for the development of Heron 1 Operating Safety Case and its introduction into service in the UK.
This is a hybrid working role which will require travel to 2Excel’s bases at Doncaster, Sywell and Lydd. The initial RPAS operating base is expected to be at Lydd.
Watch our short video to see what we do: https://vimeo.com/792287274
The successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience of Medium Altitude Long Endurance Remotely Piloted Air Systems operations
- Good understanding of UK CAA Regulations for Unmanned Aircraft System Operations in UK Airspace
- Demonstrable experience of project management, or similar support-function experience, in a fast-paced and rapidly changing aviation environment
- Understanding the logistical requirements to support MALE RPAS deployment
- Communication at all levels both internally and externally
- In depth knowledge of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Operations
- An emotionally intelligent, resilient, analytical, and motivated leader and team player with excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Risk and Safety Management experience
- Experience in Bid-writing, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Contracts
- Military RPAS pilot or Sensor Operator experience would be highly desirable
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- An advantage would be experience of writing Operating Safety Cases and achieving UK CAA Operational Authority for a Specified Category RPAS
In addition, applicants will have to prove automatic right to work in the UK, whilst holding or be eligible to obtain a UK security clearance.
In return we can offer you a competitive salary dependent on previous experience, generous holiday allowance, private health care and a company pension. In addition, you will become an Employee Owner as part of our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).
Applications by way of CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Please note: Candidates must be flexible to work across varying locations as per operational demands.
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.