Freefly Systems is on the lookout for a uniquely talented Sales Engineer who loves drones and helping customers (and partners) to get in on the fun.
As a member of the Freefly Customer Success Team, you’ll join us on our mission to support and improve the best customer experience in the world.
The Sales Engineer helps find, build, and manage the relationships Freefly has with each of its customers and partners, which can include but not limited to; distributors, resellers, academia, and service providers. You often help create pipelines to find new customers, use predetermined metrics to see how valuable each opportunity is, and negotiate to get improved returns on each project.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, have excellent written and verbal skills, be a subject matter expert on drones ecosystem integrations, and have the ability to work independently and self-manage time effectively in a fast paced environment. Most importantly, you must have a positive can-do attitude, play well with others, embrace a challenge, love to travel, and realize that every failure is a critical step toward creating innovative products.
This position will bring first principles thinking to the world’s most challenging aerial robotics problems. This position will seek to connect and grow our internal and external ecosystem allowing our customers to better optimize our tools and workflows based on their specific application.
The core of this role is developing leads and executing repeatable sales processes which allow customers to thrive; identifying opportunities for new sales; strengthening existing relationships and collaborations; attending conferences/demos; building professional networks; enforcing contracts; monitoring changes in legal regulations; developing and executing plans for strategic growth; helping customers build out efficient workflows, and synthesizing reports of business metrics.
This role will also support our external events like conferences, expos, and demos. Ensuring Freefly is attending the highest ROI events around the world, supported by the right team members, and managing any preparatory work to ensure team success in the field.
This role will provide a thorough level of documentation (borderline obsessive) in our internal and external system as well as contributing to feedback for our knowledge base and development teams, and will serve as a Freefly brand champion and advocate.
- Manage and grow relationships with customers and vendors to build the brand and the business.
- Build the organizational network through targeted outreach and strong project planning.
- Liaise with leads to solve issues, communicate needs and create synergy.
- Analyze and report on sales initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics.
- Customer advocate
- Event support
- Provide well-organized and concise feedback to Product team on requirements for requests (feature/bug/novel)
- Up to 100% travel
- Approaching problems with first principles thinking
- Ability to efficiently collect, evaluate, and manage external requests
- Ability to confidently operate drones in front of large crowds
- FAA Part 107 certification within the first month of employment
- Motivation to raise the bar even when projects are denied
- Ability to push back with humility against Engineering or Production to ensure we deliver world class products, and possess the ability to disagree but commit.
- Professional cinema, industrial inspection, or surveying/mapping experience
- Experience with PX4 and/or MAVlink
- Experience with Freefly products
- Experience with video content to help us show the world how we develop amazing products
- FAA Part 107 certification
- Expertise in drone workflows; photogrammetry, lidar scanning, and inspection
Why you should join:
- You will have the freedom to create and grow professionally, individually and as a culture
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive compensation with a stable base salary plus profit sharing and opportunity for advancement
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision
Follow us on:
Contact us today, we are hiring!
If you’re interested in joining our team, drop us a line at [email protected] and tell us about your exciting projects, what you’re learning… and a few war stories.