At IAS, we’re a dynamic and innovative team shaking up the drone industry in Africa! We’re passionate about harnessing the power of cutting-edge technology to revolutionise traditional processes in agriculture, surveying, and inspection. Our goal? To deliver actionable data that drives efficiency and streamlines workflow.
But that’s just the beginning. We’re also on a mission to make a positive impact on the environment through our highly targeted drone crop spraying services. From controlling invasive vegetation to seeding and fertilising fields, we’re using technology to make a real difference. And did we mention that we’re managing one of the largest fleets of crop-spraying drones on the continent?
At IAS, we’re on a mission to change the world! Our core belief is simple: by finding innovative solutions from the sky, we can make a positive impact on the world. And we’re not just talking about our clients – we believe in creating a dynamic and supportive work environment that helps you soar to new heights.
Our work is all about pushing the limits of what’s possible. We’re constantly seeking new and better ways to deliver actionable insights and build efficiency for our clients. And we believe in empowering our team to take risks, pursue new ideas, and tackle big challenges.
For us, learning and growth are key. We don’t just want you to be good at your job – we want you to reach your full potential. That’s why we invest in our team, providing opportunities for professional development and supporting you every step of the way.
Join us in our mission to revolutionise the drone industry and make a lasting impact on the world. We are seeking a visionary Chief Pilot to lead our dynamic drone operations and take our company to new heights. As the Chief Pilot, you will be at the forefront of our company’s efforts to deliver cutting-edge drone services across the Energy, Agriculture, Mining, Environment and Survey sectors. Your expertise in conducting drone inspections and mapping will play a critical role in achieving our mission to push the boundaries of what’s possible with drone technology.
We’re looking for a driven and passionate individual who is not afraid to tackle long hours in the field and multiple days on site. You’ll be traveling across South Africa and into Africa, working in close collaboration with our talented operations team to deliver outstanding results.
IAS has the most diverse selection of drone types in South Africa with a fleet comprising of 40+ aircraft. As a Chief Pilot, you’ll have a deep understanding of flight requirements across multiple sectors and extensive operational experience with these aircraft. When not on site, you’ll be working in the office to support the operations team and drive our company forward.
If you’re ready to take on a challenge and lead the way in changing the world through drone technology, this is the opportunity for you
Job Title: Chief Pilot
Company: Integrated Aerial Systems
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Estimated Earnings: R240,000 – R330,000 CTC (base salary plus per flight day rate)
Start Date: ASAP
- Flight Operations: Conducting drone flights across various industries, including wind turbine, solar farm, and silo inspections, farm and mine site survey and mapping, and more.
- Flight Operations Planning and Logistics: Responsible for planning and executing drone operations, including maintenance and repairs, communicating with clients, and ensuring accurate data collection and upload.
- Piloting Expertise: Proficiency in multiple flight planning software’s such as DroneDeploy, DJI Pilot, Litchi, Mission planner etc. Ability to manage and train other IAS pilots, file FUA’s and flight plans, and correspond with ATNS.
- Travel: Willingness to travel locally and internationally as needed for operations.
- Data Collection and Management: Ensuring accurate data collection and upload, including correspondence with clients and ATNS.
– Valid Remote Pilots License (RPL) for at least 3 years
– University Degree/ Diploma
– BVLOS endorsement
– Remote Maintenance Technician (RMT)
– 400+ commercial logged RPAS hours
– FPV experience is valued
– Exceptional technical knowledge of UAVs & General Aviation
– Computer literacy (Office Suite, Google Earth, KMZ/KML Export etc)
– High-value asset inspection experience (Wind Turbines, Solar Farms, Silo’s etc)
– Code B driver’s license.
– Valid Passport
What we offer:
Join us on an exciting journey as we lead the charge in the drone-tech industry! As a member of our team, you’ll gain invaluable hands-on experience with a diverse range of aircraft and an in-depth understanding of how a successful drone company operates.
Not only will you receive a stable base salary, but you’ll also enjoy a generous per-day rate while in the field. We’re dedicated to fostering our employees’ professional and technical development, so you’ll have endless opportunities for career advancement.
Join the team that’s changing the world and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible from the air.