Emerging Aviation Training Manager – Full-time (will consider Permanent Part-time also)
What happens after you get your basic Remote Pilots Licence? Have you considered how we move the emerging aviation industry forward by providing the next level of training to Remote Pilots? If you get excited by words and phrases like ‘Training and Assessment’, ‘Human Factors’, and ‘Advanced Air Mobility’ then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an Emerging Aviation Training Manager to be a part of Hover UAV’s vision to guide and enable commercial RPAS/Drone operators through an ever-increasing number of emerging aviation programs within Australia and internationally.
Who are we looking for?
A people person with great communication skills. The ability to research, understand and convert information into readable and teachable content. You will be capable of grasping technical concepts, have a methodical approach to creating documents, and a passion for training.
- Research and develop training materials for emerging aviation
- Working with our internal regulatory consultants to understand client BVLOS / Emerging aviation safety cases and then develop client-specific internal complex operational training content.
- Schedule all training programs and deliver training sessions (as required), manage the assessment process and ensure each individual’s training is managed and documented
- Liaising with stakeholders and regulators both in Australia and internationally
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships
- Management and oversight of training aircraft / UAS / Drones in conjunction with Chief Remote Pilot
- Manage and provide guidance to the training team
- Key team member in Hover UAV management team assisting in building a positive team culture
- Other Ad-hoc duties as required within the Operational / Consulting teams
- Some travel will be required
- Good attention to detail
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116) or higher qualification in education and training
- 2+ year’s work experience in operational hands-on training roles (Aviation experience is an advantage)
- 4+ year experience in Aviation (crewed or uncrewed)
- Experience in operating different types of RPAS (eg. powered lift, multi-rotor)
- Experience in conducting more complex RPAS operations (eg. EVLOS, BVLOS, above 400ft)
- Excellent written skills in English, particularly grammar and spelling, with an ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work with moderate oversight
- Ability to translate technical data into easily understandable information
- An ability to quickly establish productive working relationships with stakeholders and be a team player
Working for Hover UAV
For the right candidate, we are offering an attractive salary package, flexible working conditions and an opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial team environment. You will be a key part of the next stage of expansion for Hover UAV across the Asia Pacific.
This role would be located in our Burleigh (Gold Coast) office however open to applicants in other Australian Locations.
Hover UAV values diversity and actively encourages all people from different cultural backgrounds and age groups to apply; however, applicants must be Australian, Permanent Residents.
If you are looking for your next exciting career opportunity, please submit a cover letter and an up-to-date copy of your resume