Xplorate Pacific Pty Ltd
Aviation Services (Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics)
$80,000 – $100,000
Xplorate Pacific Pty Ltd is a new RPAS Specialty Operator in the Asia Pacific Region.
Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia Xplorate’s vision is to become the regional market leader in unmanned aerial intelligence solutions beyond visual line of sight – bridging the gap between traditional aviation operations and modern data gathering & analytics.
We would like to attract applications for the position of Maintenance Controller / RPAS Technician to work across Asia Pacific.
The position based in Perth, Western Australia or Queensland. Additional benefits will be offered for candidates who are willing to locate to the Darling Downs Region of Queensland.
Reporting to the Head of Operations the MC will be responsible for the management and supervision of all maintenance of company RPAS Systems.
Candidates will receive factory training on the SwissDrones SDO-50 Aircraft and will be responsible for RPAS ranging from M300’s → SDO-50.
The MC must be approved by CASA to control the continuing maintenance of the RPAS systems on behalf of the operator.
Candidates must be interested in working in a dynamic and growing company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all maintenance carried out on the operator’s RPA systems is carried out in accordance with the operator’s approved documented procedures.
- Ensuring the personnel carrying out maintenance for the operator are competent to do so.
- Maintaining a record of the serviceability or otherwise of the operator’s RPA systems.
- Ensuring that each item of equipment essential to the operation of the operator’s RPA is serviceable.
- Maintaining a thorough technical knowledge of the operator’s RPA systems.
- Investigating all defects in the operator’s RPA systems.
- Planning all scheduled maintenace of company RPAS.
Qualifications & experience
- Basic technical training (polymechanic, precision mechanic, automotive mechanic, etc.) or aerospace degree / equivalent is essential.
- (L)AME Qualifications are highly desirable.
- Experience in aviation or other industries with high quality requirements is desirable.
- Experience in Avionics is desirable.
- Experience of working on Helicopters is highly desirable.
- Basic PC knowledge is essential.
- Experience in Oil & Gas, Energy and / or Mining & Infrastructure industries is desirable.
- Part of a revolutionary industry.
- Flexible work conditions.
- Priority will be given to candidates who are willing to locate to the Darling Downs region of Queensland.
- Extensive Travel and periods away from home will be required. Travel could include Pan Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
- Candidate must be interested in working in a dynamic and growing company, be solution-oriented, conscientious, team player with a “can-do” attitude.
This position is for candidates who want to revolutionise the aviation industry and disrupt traditional thinking. As such the candidate must be capable and willing to think big and think outside the box while holding safety as a No.1 core belief.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Maintenance Controller?
- How many years’ experience do you have in the aviation industry?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an Avionics Technician?
- Have you completed a qualification in aerospace engineering?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an Aircraft Mechanic?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Drone Operator?