- Werner-von-Siemens-Straße 2-6, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Department: Airworthiness & Risk Certification
- Site: Bruchsal TRIWO
We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your crew during this flight:
You will become a crucial member of our organisation that provides the necessary infrastructure on the vertiport for the commercial roll-out of our eVTOL aircraft. We are an ambitious, highly motivated, knowledgeable and flexible team to support the future aircraft operations.
We create and apply practical and excellent solutions; we develop innovative concepts and bring them to life. That includes the design of the Voloport and ground support equipment (GSE) as much as the roll-out as an air operator and all related activities on a global scale. Each team member brings in outstanding skills, competencies, and energy to bring the vision to reality.
Your mission during this flight:
As the GSE Specialist for Aircraft Charging you will be the key person for our aircraft charging infrastructure, which is primarily the Battery Charging Station. You will become responsible for the entire product life cycle incl. concept refinement, requirement engineering, prototyping, testing, evaluation, re-design, and manufacturing with our suppliers and industry partners. You will prepare and support the roll-out and operations in our target cities. In addition, you will support our other GSE activities related e.g. to battery swap and aircraft ground movement.
Your tasks will include:
Charging station engineering activities
- You will analyse existing and develop next-generation charging solutions.
- You will identify future-proof technologies and market opportunities.
- You will create new design requirements as necessary.
- You will validate requirements by calculations, numerical assessments and/or testing.
- You will derive and provide data for integration of charging infrastructure, e.g. calculation of load profiles.
- You will determine and implement adequate firefighting concepts and solutions.
- You will participate in relevant international working groups (Eurocae, EASA, GAMA, etc.).
Project management activities
- You will identify and liaise with potential industry partners.
- You will manage basic and detailed design processes with suppliers.
- You will manage prototyping and production incl. scaling with suppliers.
- You will work closely with colleagues in multiple disciplines to define and document requirements, design descriptions, functions etc.
- You will coordinate interfaces with internal teams, e.g. related to vertiport design and operations, aircraft design and maintenance and battery design.
- You will ensure the availability of adequate charging infrastructure at an increasing number of vertiports globally.
- You will generate and present working results both to the expert and management audience.
- You will develop and run tests of GSE related to aircraft charging.
- You will identify and document test results and test issues.
- You will implement and keep test workflow smooth, efficient and traceable.
Check in your professional skills:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent and at least 5 year (with Bachelor’s degree) or 3 years (with Master’s degree) of relevant work experience in technology development, preferably in an innovative environment.
- Proven experience in battery charging technology.
- Proven track record in project management and supplier management.
- Ability to review and approve electrical wiring diagrams, mechanical 2D/3D drawings and calculations.
- Basic knowledge and eagerness to learn and research the key elements associated with:
- Product testing
- Li-Ion batteries
- International regulations and standards in aviation/ automotive
- Ability to link theoretical analysis results to practical design decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple interfaces and dependencies to other systems & projects.
- Ability to present and explain solutions to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills in German & English.
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
- A fast-growing high-tech company with a broad network of top investors and partners
- The chance to help shape the future of aviation
- The chance to create new things from scratch & manage your own projects
- Personal accountability, and growth & learning opportunities, based on your skills
- An inspiring workplace with modern workstations, flexible hours, efficient communication, flat hierarchies & fantastic team spirit
- An attractive salary package
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.