Working closely with our UAS Engineers this is a fantastic opportunity to enter the world of unmanned aircraft engineering and develop your skills within an operational UKSAR environment. Ideally suited to those from a junior technical and/or engineering background. Full training and ongoing development will be provided. This is a rare opportunity to develop within a UK based unmanned aircraft operation currently delivering essential capability to HM Coastguard. These positions are based at Lydd Airport in Kent
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The daily scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance of the Schiebel S-100 Camcopter UAS and its supporting systems, sensors and payloads.
- For aircraft on scheduled maintenance, ensuring that all work called up as part of the maintenance work pack and all mandatory requirements have been carried out prior to release of the aircraft for flight.
- Ensuring availability of tools, equipment, materials and all necessary maintenance data to perform the planned tasks.
- Ensuring that all required maintenance tasks are carried out, or where it is evident that a particular task cannot be carried out to the maintenance instruction, that such problems are reported to the Lead UAS Engineer, UAS Engineering Manager or the Compliance & Safety Manager as appropriate.
- Manage engineering components of the Bristow Group Safety Management System, including hazard identification, risk management, internal auditing and subcontractor control processes
- The preparation and implementation of planned maintenance programmes in co-ordination with operational requirements, liaising with Flight Operations in respect of daily aircraft requirements.
- Liaison with UAS Lead Engineer on technical queries.
- Control and maintenance of special tools and test equipment, including calibration.
- Participate in investigation of engineering incidents and near misses, with a focus on preventive and corrective actions.
- Participating in engineering MOCs to ensure impact across the organisation is fully identified and meets regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of Engineering events through the BeSAFE system such as GORs, MSRs and ASRs
- Provide actionable information on Engineering matters to the UAS Engineering Manage
- Provide Engineering advice during emergency response activities
- Participate in Engineering Safety Action Group.
- Ensure the hangar and working areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Adhere to the UAS Technical Agreement with Lydd Pt145 SAR Engineering
Person Specification Requirements
- Previous Civ/Mil Aviation engineering experience (Desirable)
- Other previous Engineering experience (essential)
- Knowledge/understanding of regulations nationally with the ability to develop and communicate proposed amendments (Desirable)
- Flexible, hardworking and driven (essential)
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems (Desirable)
- customer/client focus in aviation
- experience with subcontractor control processes
- To be able to obtain Baseline Personnel Security Standard
- HND Aeronautical Engineering / Advanced modern engineering apprenticeship
- Incident/Accident investigation training and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, teams.
- sound communicator
- safety conscious
- ability to work on own or as part of a team
- willingness to learn and develop new processes and practices
- support Company objectives to enable knowledge transfer to others
Roles are based at Lydd Airport in Kent and offered on 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off rotation. Candidates must be willing to relocate within a daily commutable distance of the Lydd SAR base to attend their duty periods.