Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- As the Program Manager for Electric Engine you will be responsible and accountable for the program performance for a key product and system critical to the success of the Archer business and our eVTOL aircraft, the Electric Engine.
- In this business-critical role you will:
- Lead and manage the planning, coordination, risk management, and liaison with these, but not limited to, functions: Engineering, Test, Manufacturing, Certification, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Quality for supporting the development, certification and production of Archer’s Electric Engine;
- This Role will collaborate and integrate across the aircraft systems and the Archer organization to ensure the Electric Engine is capable, certifiable and meets the aircraft, system and subsystem level requirements
- Lead new product development, identify production solutions (Make or Buy) and support aircraft certification and entry into service.
- Define, launch, and drive mission-critical technical and business initiatives to ensure program success and will be expected to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Develop strong relationships across Archer, inclusive of suppliers, and lead a multidisciplinary team to execute complex development programs within schedule and budget.
- Build program task-based schedules, lead program kickoff and / or gate meetings, and track milestone progress against the program management plan.
- Identify and manage program Risks, Issues and Opportunities to closure.
- Utilize configuration control and change management to maintain technical discipline of the program.
- Be responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for planning, scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- The primary deliverable will be the successful development, test, production and certification of all components, sub-systems, systems within the Electric Engine Program.
- As the PM for Electric Engine, you will be accountable to ensure the Electric Engine product team, in collaboration with other company leaders executes within budget, achieves the technical requirements and performance within schedule and meets milestones for all systems and subsystems within the scope of responsibility.
- In collaboration with other Program Managers, Control Account Managers and Work Package Managers, the PM will define, acquire, and allocate budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objective of the program.
- The Program Manager will be expected to exercise judgment and delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
What you need:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience with electrical propulsion or electric engine or electric driver train product design, development, test and production.
- Technical product and program leadership experience.
- Experience managing program scope (technical, budgets, schedules)
- Experience leading teams
- Strong interpersonal skills especially in team building/maintenance and customer relationships.
- Must be able to act independently and make decisions on administrative / operational issues affecting the success of this organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Preferred (or equivalent),
- Master’s Degree in Engineering and / or MBA is desirable,
- Thorough understanding of engineering product development including design phases, manufacturing business processes and supply chain management knowledge.
- Certification Experience and experience working with ARP4754A
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Program Management.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $188,000 – 235,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.