Operational Solutions Limited (OSL) is an industry leading company at the forefront of Counter – Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS/Counter Drone) innovation and development in, both, the civilian and military environments. Due to expansion, we are now looking to recruit a Counter Drone Sensor Field Engineer to join our existing operations team on a full-time basis.
The role involves being at the forefront of providing CUAS and Security services to large scale international customers. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, testing and evaluating a range of sensors such as radars, radio frequency (RF) detectors, and various camera systems.
The post comes with a competitive salary, a work pension and 33 days holiday.
· Legally able to be employed in the UK.
· Must pass a DBS check.
· Must be able to achieve UK SC Clearance.
· A full, manual Driving Licence.
· Flexibility to work for periods at night due to operational necessity.
· Organised and self-motivated, able to work using own initiative or as a team member following strict operational protocol, processes and procedures.
· Assist in the development and enhancement of the system and its operation.
· Highly confident and approachable with the enthusiasm to maintain the highest personal and professional standards in a busy environment.
Key Skills (essential):
· Qualified, Multi Skilled Engineer with either a field service or maintenance background and exposure to repair, maintenance, fault finding, installation and commissioning of security and/or electromechanical systems.
· Working knowledge of equipment software, hardware, basic network configuration.
· Understanding of radar and RF theory and characteristics.
· The ability to assess equipment performance in both test and live environments.
· Working knowledge and experience of electrical and mechanical systems.
· Experience of completing technical reports and reviewing technical data and drawings.
· Excellent communication and administration skills, both written and verbal.
· The ability to work under pressure and comply with strict timelines.
· Ability to work in accordance with HSE and SIA regulations.
Key Skills (desirable):
· Experience on radar, RF detectors and camera systems.
· Experience or interest in operating UAS (drones).
· Current knowledge and understanding of the threat landscape, emerging security threats and vulnerabilities.
· IT skills with proficiency in MS Teams and Office.
Why should you apply?
· Competitive Salary
· 25 days plus Bank Holidays
· Workplace Pension
· Discretionary Performance Bonuses
· Career Progression and Development
· Training courses including CAA regulated drone pilot’s licence
· SIA Licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Work Location: One location