Contract Type: Full-time – fixed term and permanent
Practice Areas: Previous military Fixed Wing UAS Instructor experience in the land environment
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000, depending upon qualifications and experience.
Location: Wiltshire, UK
If you have the required background and are interested in joining a high-performing team supporting the delivery of exceptional award-winning products and services to our customers, we would be delighted to hear from you. CVs are ideal but we would also welcome informal Expressions of Interest, giving a brief summary of your relevant experience. Please click apply and follow the instructions to upload your CV or Expression of Interest.
Please note that this is an Expression of Interest at this stage, but we expect a formal job vacancy to be published in the near future which will trigger the recruitment process. Those that have expressed an interest will be contacted first to offer an opportunity to be considered as part of a formal application for a role.
We are looking for a mix of experience to grow a dedicated team to support a number of programmes and projects, especially in the mini or small UAS and tactical remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS) categories. These roles will be predominantly in support of British Army UAS training programmes; however, as part of the Inzpire Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) team, there may be opportunities to be involved in wider projects across UK Defence, international and civil UAS opportunities.
The roles will be varied in focus and will include design and delivery of UAS operational training and tactics in accordance with current Defence System Approach to Training (DSAT) methodology. We anticipate the initial roles will start to become available from January 2023, initially on a fixed term contract but with aspiration to offer permanent roles as soon as practicable.
Training will be provided to qualify and certify successful applicants on each UAS type needed for their instructional role.
The potential roles available are:
- Mini / Small Uncrewed Air System Instructor
- Tactical Remotely Piloted Air System Instructor
- Uncrewed Air System Instructor / Evaluator
- Uncrewed Air System Through-Life Training Designer / Manager
- Uncrewed Air System Instructor / Operator Team Leader
Inzpire is looking for dynamic, proactive individuals with a ‘can do attitude’ who are capable of working within a military training environment with minimal supervision and are keen to contribute their own experience, suggesting ideas to continually improve the training delivery.
Some of the positions will require flexible working or shift work in support of our customers training needs. Prior military background is essential, especially in the operation of UAS in the land environment, but all services and cap badges will be considered. Additionally, if further UAS experience has been gained after leaving military service, this will also be considered favourably.
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- British military veteran with a minimum of 5 years’ service
- Experienced Fixed Wing and Multi-Rotor UAS operator
- Operational experience supporting the land environment with UAS
Due to the nature of elements of the role, the successful applicant must be a UK national and may be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting which may require criminal record, security service and credit reference checks; qualification will also normally require a minimum UK residency of at least 5 years.
The ideal candidate would have the following desirable skills and experience:
- Mini/small-UAS instructional experience (e.g. Desert Hawk 3/Puma).
- Other military RPAS or tactical UAS pilot / sensor operator experience.
- Defence Train the Trainer (DTTT) or Aircrew Instructor Course (AIC) qualification – accredited to Level 3 Award in Education are highly desirable, but other instructional qualifications will be considered, but may require upskilling.
- Familiarity with JSP822 Defence System Approach to Training (DSAT) methodology.
- Experience in ‘Special Operations’ including ground & air operators and support staff.
- Extant Security Clearance (SC) or Developed Vetting (DV) highly desirable.
Civilian UAS Qualifications – GVC FW and MR
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 30 days paid holiday plus 8 days bank holidays per year
- Uncapped leave scheme (upon successful completion of probation period)
- Company provided private medical and dental insurance
- Annual profit and performance related pay scheme
- Generous death in service (£100k)
- Company contributions into a group personal pension scheme
- Business travel insurance
- Funded role specific training and financial assistance with professional development
- Tax efficient cycle to work and charitable giving schemes
- Tax efficient electric vehicle company car scheme
We are a highly innovative and rapidly growing defence and technology company that design, develop, and deliver some of the world’s most advanced defence related training, products, and services.
In 2022, we were listed as one of the ‘100 Best Large Companies to Work For’ in the UK and Midlands by Best Companies, for the second year in a row. We also achieved a ‘Best Companies 3 Star Accreditation’ and a rating of ‘world-class’ for our employee engagement, for the eighth year in a row. For seven consecutive years, we were named as a Sunday Times ‘100 Best Small Companies to Work For’ and were crowned the ‘Small Employer of the Year’ at the Heropreneurs Awards in 2019. Plus in 2021, we were honoured with a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation, for our next-generation GECO military mission planning system.
As part of a unique and specialist defence company, our friendly team consists of experienced and highly capable individuals, working together with a mature ‘can do’ work ethic. Our central business functions are located in an easily accessible, bright and modern head office to the west of Lincoln, alongside our mission systems team, while the majority of our operational specialists are embedded alongside our Defence customers.
We genuinely recognise the benefits of a diverse and inclusive working environment. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed Employer, a supportive signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant and a 2019 Gold award winner within the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We are therefore delighted to offer a guaranteed interview scheme to service leavers, reservists and military spouses or partners (including those of service leavers) who meet all our advertised requirements.