A vacancy for an Air Mobility System Engineer (d/f/m) in the Urban Air Mobility organization has arisen in Munich.
The position will be offered within the new Airbus Urban Mobility GmbH conditions and salary policy.
Our Purpose, Our Team and Our Ambition
Airbus Urban Mobility (AUM) aims at laying the foundation for more efficient and sustainable urban mobility. To co-create an entire new mobility dimension, and subsequently an industry, from scratch, we are developing cutting-edge technical solutions as well as engaging with a wide range of stakeholders to build the necessary ecosystem and to ensure maximum societal benefit.
In line with our purpose of pioneering sustainable aviation, we are developing the emerging eVTOL domain (electrical vertical take-off and landing) to open up the sky over cities and regions to offer a complementary urban mobility solution through the third dimension. This might still sound futuristic but the Vahana and CityAirbus eVTOL demonstrators have proven the technical readiness. At AUM we recognise that the full potential from urban air mobility solutions can be only achieved through engaging with a wide range of stakeholders while offering public value from the third dimension of urban mobility through responsible research and innovation.
Would you like to be at the heart of this next revolution in emissions free urban air mobility? Are you ready to rethink how Urban Air Mobility (UAM) can fit in the urban landscape of today and enable the sustainable and livable cities and regions of tomorrow? Would you like to work with an amazing set of talented individuals from across the company with a genuine drive to make a difference?
If so, then join Airbus Urban Mobility as Air Mobility System Engineer (d/f/m) in Munich.
You will be part of the Air Mobility System team within the start-up like entity Airbus Urban Mobility GmbH. AUM GmbH has been set up as the central entrepreneur of the Airbus Group and acts as the program for the eVTOL development as well as the system integrator for UAM. In that context, it covers the streams of an air vehicle (eVTOL), unmanned traffic management (U-space), take-off & landing infrastructure (Vertiport) to prepare the integration in cities and future commercial passenger operations.
In your role you will be in charge of the following main activities:
Air Mobility System Simulations And Analysis – Generate Technical And Analytical Baseline For The Design Of An Emissions Free Air Mobility System
- Ensure re-usability of results amongst the projects and applicability of their outcome to feed the Air Mobility Initiative (AMI) and further city projects to come,
- Identify relevant data and know-how (internal and external sources), carry out intelligence and benchmarking of external studies and tools related to Air Mobility transport solutions
- Support AUM Team with in house analytics and evaluation of scenarios, concepts and architectures as well as parameter studies and simulations
- Store and manage gained know how
- Ensure software tools, simulations, models, baselines etc. are accessible and operational
Support the Air Mobility System Architecture Design – Create system-of-systems know-how and capabilities to develop a minimum viable solution (MVS) for an Air Mobility System
- Build up air mobility system-of-systems know-how across the streams eVTOL, U-Space and Vertiport
- Support technical coordination between the three streams eVTOL, U-Space and Vertiport
- Deliver technical content per stream as well as smooth interfaces between individual projects
- Translate transversal activities such as social acceptance, user experience or safe & secure operations into technical requirements and ensure their implementation
- Maintain the air mobility system-of-systems databases for requirements, specifications and performances
- Grow capabilities in air mobility specific system designs (e.g. eVTOL, U-Space and Vertiport)
- Support exchange with regulators and standardization agencies to drive the co-creation of standards
- Contribute to blueprints for deploying air mobility transport solutions in different urban environments
Support Air Mobility Demonstrations in worldwide campaigns – Going beyond paperwork, becoming a maker and mover:
- Identify and evaluate concrete ideas for demonstrations with respect to their feasibility, applicability and contribution to the overall air mobility transport system
- Detail demonstration proposals with respect to their scope, target, unique feature to be demonstrated, cost estimation, effort estimation and preliminary timeline
- Identify potential partners and stakeholders as well as external interest for joint efforts and cooperation on demo projects
- Technical management and hands on support for preparing, deployment and conducting of demo campaigns
- Ultimately enable future air mobility city demo projects
- Support city projects with technical know-how from architecture, design to implementation
- Collect best practices and lessons learnt from city projects
- Contribute to establishing new projects with internal and external partners
Your Qualifications And Skills
We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or similar. A Ph.D. in one of these technical domains would be a plus.
- Experience within systems design, aerospace, air vehicles, avionics, ground control stations or equivalent
- Visionary thinking with high analytical skills and objective decision making
- Practical and analytical experience for system flight test campaigns
- Experience to operate in airspaces (pilot license, UAS flight permits, mission planning, BVLOS (beyond visual line of sight) operations or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience and engineering track record in prototyping and integrating and flight test of large and complex air systems
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise way
- Ability to foster an environment of creativity, innovation and customer centricity
- Experience in highly dynamic and fast-moving environments such as a startup where agile methods are applied
- Proactivity, focus on results, delivery orientation, pragmatism, and team orientation
- Comfortable in being exposed to multidisciplinary and intercultural teams
- Negotiation level of English and German, further languages such as French are a plus
You will benefit from the following set of compensation and benefits:
- Attractive salary and compensation scheme
- 30 days holidays and extra days-off for special occasions
- Excellent upskilling opportunities and great development prospects
- Special benefits: employer-funded pension, employee stock options, discounted car leasing, special conditions for insurances, employee benefits at cooperating companies
- Sophisticated IT equipment and modern tools
- Mobile working possibilities
- Flat hierarchies and new ways of working
- Multicultural environment
- Free beverages, fruits and snacks in the office
- Several working sites: Munich City Center (main), Donauwörth, Marignane
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Urban Mobility GmbH
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected].
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.