Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves by making access to the skies seamless. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract, and since then, we’ve expanded globally, moving the needle on how healthcare is delivered for millions of people across the world.
Now we’re aiming higher by deploying the newest infrastructure layer for society, one that will catalyse the next giant leap in how essential supplies and services are delivered; integrated drone logistics.
Whether it’s medical transport, environmental monitoring, search and rescue, mapping, disaster response, or general transport, you can trust us to deliver. Everyone has the right to benefit from new technology, and at Swoop Aero we’re excited because integrated drone logistics can be deployed equitably in low, middle, and high income countries alike.
Our core goal as a company is to provide an integrated logistics service to 100m people by the end of 2025, then scale it to 1b by 2030.
About the Opportunity:
As a Flight Test Operator, you will be an integral member of our operations team. Responsible for conducting test and validation flights of our 5th generation aircraft to ensure that all our technology is safe, reliable, and ready to complete FAA certification. This may include pre-flighting and launching aircraft, doing repair and maintenance work on aircraft and ground systems, performing tests on system updates, both hardware and software, and collecting various types of data. You will also provide feedback and key learnings to our engineering and operations team to ensure our best in class technology is operating safely.
- Support and oversee the day-to-day testing operations of the Swoop Aero’s autonomous aircraft
- Conduct pre-flight checks, and general and safety maintenance
- Maintain all necessary paperwork to ensure safe flight operations
- Prepare and maintain take-off and landing areas, ensuring all regulatory guidelines are followed
- Assemble aircraft and supporting products
- Identify and troubleshoot quality issues should they arise
- Participate in flight operations safety meetings and team reviews to ensure safe flight operations
- This position will split their time between our Port Melbourne HQ and flight testing facility located in the Greater Shepparton region
What you will bring to the role:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work individually and in teams while maintaining rigorous attention to detail required in an operations environment
- Ability to perform continuous tasks in an outdoor environment
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a real difference and increase access to health care for millions across the globe
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work-from-home/office setup
- A collaborative and fun start up team with a recent capital raise
- Career propelling experience