MissionGO is a leading provider of UAS solutions and services. Formed by the professionals responsible for the first successful human organ delivery used in a transplant surgery via UAS and taking the first single-rotor UAS through the Federal Aviation Administration’s UAS Type and Production Certification process, MissionGO has been trailblazing the UAS industry by innovating critical infrastructure inspections, medical and commercial cargo delivery, and UAS training and program stand-up.
At MissionGO, our top priority is safety. MissionGO has been awarded a 3-year contract with Southern California Edison to conduct overhead line inspections utilizing UAS and qualified line inspectors and is looking to bring on dedicated and passionate individuals to fulfil this contract.
The majority of work will be performed from January to June 2023.
Remote Pilot in Command (RPIC) shall have responsibility over each flight conducted and be held accountable for the flight operation. A successful teammate will abide by MissionGO’s safety rules and regulations to oversee their individual flight operation while in the field, collect useable high-quality imagery of specific assets, coordinate flights with MissionGO flight operations, fulfill Visual Observer position as necessary, work closely with a Visual Observer/Qualified Electrical Worker, and deliver the collected data in a timely fashion. All sUAS pilots are expected to maintain flight hours and proficiency on all the aircraft and have the ability to plan and analyze flight missions. As sUAS pilots, the work environment includes airspace and weather considerations. The employee is expected to maintain awareness of the everchanging weather conditions and monitor them during the flight operations. This position will be working with multiple employees with different backgrounds and abilities. Duties and all work will be accomplished under the direction of the Project Manager and in partnership with others to be determined.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuous awareness of the aircraft in such a manner as to be able to discern aircraft attitude and trajectory
- Operational override capability over any other operator regardless of position and command flight termination during all phases of flight
- Make the UAS and pertinent documentation available for FAA inspection or testing
- Report to the FAA within 10 days of any operation that results in at least serious injury, loss of consciousness, or property damage of at least $500
- Report any incident, no matter how minor, to the Operations Manager or their designee
- Conduct a preflight inspection, to include specific aircraft and control station systems checks, to ensure the UAS is in a condition for safe operation
- Conduct aircraft, battery and firmware care and maintenance
- Ensure the UAS complies with the existing registration requirements specified in FAA Part 91 or Part 107
- Ensure all required maintenance has been performed and documented
- Ensure all flight operations are conducted in accordance with relevant Federal, state, and local regulations and all conditions in MissionGO manual
- Conduct or monitor pre-flight and post-flight inspections and briefings for all flight operations
- Coordinate the safety of all persons involved in operations
Skills and Competencies
- Possession of a FAA Part 107 Certificate
- Exceptional commitment to safety
- Considerable experience and flight hours on sUAS or complex sUAS
- Ability to pass an FAA Medical Exam (Third Class)
- “Do whatever it takes” mentality to help the overall success of the mission
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Works well within a team environment
- Humble and hungry for exciting work
- 40-hour work week
- Travel required
- Able to operate in field conditions and inclement weather
- Safely and effective complete aerial inspections of distribution poles/structures
- Work as a team with the designated Visual Observer, encouraging effective communication and a friendly work environment
- Problem solve equipment issues, organization of structure collection, and management of daily tasks.
- Complete detailed and full inspections of designated structures
- Maintain issued equipment and report any issues immediately
- Accurately report daily collections and accurately detail collections through ArcGIS systems in a timely manner
- Adapt with administrative requests being a productive member with finding solutions to problems as a team
- Encourage teammates to maintain a professional standard for our customer and the representation of MissionGO
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will constantly change and will include but is not limited to, extensive exposure to sun, heat, cold, wind. Often employees will be faced with considerable terrain challenges such as aggressive elevation changes, up and down, and different footing challenges such as soft sandy bases, rocky base, and thick vegetation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long hours and work in rough outdoor environments. The employee is expected to maintain the physical ability to meet these challenges.
MissionGo Inc is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled