Osmo Action 3’s Extreme Battery and native support for vertical shooting empower users for their biggest adventures
DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, today introduces Osmo Action 3, the most powerful and content-friendly action camera DJI has ever made. With a battery that empowers users through the most extreme conditions and native vertical shooting for a new perspective of creative freedom, Osmo Action 3 is one of the most versatile, robust, and reliable action camera available today.
“Ever since we released the original Osmo Action in 2019, we have been continuously inspired by the stunning footage captured with it,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI. “As our users keep pushing further, moving faster, and diving deeper, our mission is to provide a device built to keep up with them. Every new feature made Osmo Action 3 the most reliable, tough, and easy-to-use action camera. We can’t wait to see what our users create when they push their limits with Osmo Action 3.”
A Battery for the Extreme, and More
Osmo Action 3 was designed as a single solution for capturing an active lifestyle, no matter how adventurous. This all starts with a 1770mAh Extreme Battery that lets the camera record for up to 160 minutes. It also handles temperatures as low as -20° C (-4° F) and charges from 0-80% in as little as 18 minutes and 0-100% in 50 minutes, thanks to native fast-charging support, a first for action cameras. The Osmo Action 3 Extreme Battery comes with Osmo Action 3 by default; no separate purchase is required.
Adventures, Now Vertical
A world driven by social media needs a vertical-first way to capture compelling action – and Osmo Action 3 goes full send. The camera has a built-in mounting system that instantly and securely clips the camera to handlebars, helmets, and more, optimizing the quick-release system first seen in Action 2 by adding notches for a locked-in, impact-resistant hold. A new Horizontal-Vertical Protective Frame brings this quick-mounting technology in a vertical orientation, perfect for social media platforms. With a tight, reliable hold that withstands bumps, tumbles, and breaking waves, Osmo Action 3 keeps you and your most extreme moments in a perfect frame.
A Dynamic Imaging Powerhouse
Osmo Action 3 is packed with bleeding-edge hardware and software to keep up with your dynamic lifestyle. Its 1/1.7-inch imaging system shoots in 4K/120fps,provides a 155° super-wide FOV, and films smooth footage with a world-class EIS suite. An improved heat management system enables continuous 4K/60fps recording until the battery runs out of power, solving the overheating issue common to many other action cameras . D-Cinelike Color Mode is available in video, slow-motion, and timelapse modes for those looking for more room to edit in post-production. And for those willing to dive deeper, Osmo Action 3 is waterproof at depths of up to 16 meters without needing any additional housing.
Steady and Smooth Footage with RockSteady
Osmo Action 3 builds on DJI’s legacy of innovative image stabilization that has transformed cinematography and aerial photography. For a multitude of dynamic shooting scenarios, Osmo Action 3 has three distinct electronic image stabilization options
- RockSteady 3.0 effectively eliminates camera shake in all directions. It works up to 4K/120fps, providing a stable and immersive first-person perspective. This is the ideal stabilization for sport-specific scenes like bike riding, and on-the-go handheld filming.
- HorizonSteady helps to eliminate camera shake in all directions and even horizontally corrects tilt at any angle. That means footage can remain horizontally level, even through heavy bumps and 360° rotations, creating the effect of a perfect horizon without any post-production, even in off-kilter pursuits like surfing.
- HorizonBalancing corrects the tilt horizontally within ±45° and supports recording stable 4K/60fps videos. A perfect middle ground between RockSteady and HorizonSteady, this mode is ideal when the priority is a smooth 4K picture in a dynamic environment, such as an FPV obstacle course run.
Be Seen and Heard, Loud and Clear
Osmo Action 3 is more than a rugged camera for high-intensity action; it’s also the perfect camera for vloggers and streamers alike. Osmo Action 3 is the first action camera with dual touchscreens, letting users access settings from any angle while keeping the camera in perfect position. Three-mic stereo recording reduces wind noise and boosts the audio quality of the footage. Wi-Fi Livestream supports 1080p/30fps, 720p/30fps and 480p/30fps, and pausing recording during the stream. UAC/UVC Webcam support offers high-quality video and audio for conference calls and livestreams.
- Shutter/Record Button & Quick Switch Button offers immediate recording and instant mode switching.
- Quick Switching Between Five Custom Modes gives access to user-created camera modes at the touch of a button.
- Multifunctional Battery Case stores three batteries and two microSD cards, intelligently fast charges three batteries, and can be used together with those batteries as a power bank to charge other devices like your smartphone.
- Voice Prompt informs users of current modes without needing to unmount the camera.
- Voice Control recognizes voice commands with a high recognition rate to control the camera when hands are busy.
- InvisiStick for Skiing recognizes and digitally hides the selfie stick in snowsport situations.
- 1.5m Drop Resistance from Corning Gorilla Glass for the touchscreens and lens cover.
- Timelapsewith low-power consumption, preset for common scenarios (crowds, clouds, sunset), and dynamic timelapse video stabilization for smooth exposure and color temperature changes.
- Digital Lens shoots in Standard (Dewarp), Wide, and Ultra-Wide for all shooting modes.
- Digital Zoom of up to 4x can be adjusted while recording for better image composition.
- DJI Mic Compatibility via the Type-C port, and external mics via 3.5mm to Type-C cable.
- Loop Recording for continuous recording and overwriting according to a preset time.
DJI Mimo and LightCut: Two Ways to Create
Osmo Action 3 connects with the DJI Mimo smartphone app via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for even more functionality, including a live feed of the camera, various story templates, quick in-app editing, and more. In addition, the LightCut video editor app is thoroughly optimized for use with Action 3. It can automatically select clips and intelligently match them with exclusive templates to generate ready-to-share video edits.
Expand the Action with Dedicated Accessories
Osmo Action 3 was made to capture anything and everything. For every scenario, a suite of dedicated accessories helps you maximize all the possibilities of this action camera, including: 
- Osmo Action 3 Waterproof Case
- Osmo Action 3 Extreme Battery
- Osmo Action 3 Multifunctional Battery Case
- Osmo Action 3 Adhesive Base Kit
- Osmo Action 3 Lens Protective Cover
- Osmo Action 3 1.5m Extension Rod Kit
- Osmo Action 3 Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount
- Osmo Action Chest Strap Mount
- Osmo Action Handlebar Mount
- Osmo Action Helmet Chin Mount
- Osmo Action Suction Cup Mount
For more information on all the new features, accessories, and capabilities, please visit www.dji.com/OsmoAction3