Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Health Supply Chain Specialist (m/f/d) to join our Team.
At Wingcopter, we design high-performance, electric drones that are operated all over the world, transporting products both commercially and for humanitarian purposes. The Services Team of Wingcopter plays an important role in the company’s vision to transition from a autonomous cargo drone manufacturer to a full-service provider, enabling a seamless integration into any operations that are moving products from point A to point B – on-demand.
As the Health Supply Chain Specialist, you will actively support the development, implementation, and monitoring of drone interventions into health supply chains as part of the Humanitarian Services team, with the aim to strengthen public health systems, create new job opportunities, and reduce our carbon footprint.
In this role, you will be at the forefront, supporting the deployment of our drone delivery as a service package and fitting it to meet low-resourced environments. This includes analyzing existing health supply chains, proposing drone networks that meet local and national demand, and organizing and supporting deployment teams.
This role will require you to work closely with the head of humanitarian services and cross-functionally creating a feedback loop for continuous improvement and thereby delivering an excellent service to our customers and partners. Your expertise in supply chain will be vital in ensuring the drones are utilized to their full potential, maximizing flight hours and deliveries while reducing cost.
You will work with a small (but growing), fast-paced team to accelerate our work to multiple countries, no single day will be quite the same. Boredom is not a challenge of ours.
At this stage in our company growth, we believe strongly in ‘learning by doing’, therefore this position will require a three-month deployment to Malawi to support our operations as an on-site manager. Afterwards, you will return to Germany with firsthand, practical experience on what it takes to set up a drone network, anywhere.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate new opportunities and manage the customer relationships
- Develop lead qualification scorecard, weighing factors such as health impact, job creation/economics and long-term sustainability
- Work with Aviation Services (AvS) to propose national drone networks that complement and boost Ministry of Health’s ability to provide public health services
- Support proposal development and maintain inventory of possible grant making, and donor organizations
- Collaborate with on-site managers to identify, plan, and oversee activities to strengthen the logistics management of health commodities
- Work alongside deployment team to plan and execute proposed drone operations including a strong focus on setup and quick localization of workforce
- Introduce a theory of change framework applied to the local context to increase demand and diversify products for drone delivery service
- Identify challenges and develop/test new high-quality processes to improve overall delivery of services
- Design, develop and implement an impact analysis framework to better support our performance, demonstrating through a third party the benefits of drone delivery
- Analyze and process data collected during operations to identify health system trends and plan further action for improvement
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic, global health partners and regional stakeholders to strengthen the health supply chain at the national and regional levels
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional work experience at the national and international level in planning, implementation, and M&E of health supply chain programs
- A university degree in global public health, business, supply chain management, public administration, healthcare administration, or a related field
- Previous experience & knowledge in supply chain and logistics industry; UAV industry is a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience working abroad in the global South
- Intercultural skills as well as the ability to quickly adapt to new environments and work alongside interdisciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills to motivate stakeholders and clearly express the goals, objectives, and impact of the projects
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; an additional UN working language is preferred.
- This position will require international travel, up to 40% of year.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work