DroneShield is pleased to announce it has released the latest v8.0.0 version of its DroneSentry-C2 Command-and-Control System. Both secure cloud-hosted and on-premises editions of the DroneSentry-C2 software receive quarterly software updates, which include upgrades to DroneShield’s edge computing server (SmartHub), computer vision AI engine (DroneOptID) and sensor fusion (ComputeNode) components of the system.
This major update of DroneSentry-C2 includes security improvements including patches for zero-day vulnerabilities, bug fixes and performance improvements.
Major upgrades include:
- Integration of additional FLIR Thermal Cameras: Adding to the suite of cameras integrated into the DroneSentry-C2, the FLIR Ranger HDC MS 1200 and Ranger HDC MR Electro-Optical (EO) and Infra-red (IR) capable cameras have been integrated as plug and play options. Optical DroneOptID computer vision models have been refined for thermal cameras.
- Integration of the RfPatrol: When paired with compatible MANET-radios the wearable RfPatrol drone detector can now provide near real-time drone detection alerts and sensor location data fully integrated into the common operating picture of the DroneSentry-C2 user interface. This provides situational awareness across multiple RfPatrol devices in the field from a single map view.
Image: RfPatrol wearable drone detection sensors tracked on DroneSentry-C2
- Usability improvements: User feedback has been incorporated to improve the usability of settings such as radar masking, RF filtering, flexible sensor setup and drone detection display. These improvements greatly reduces average setup time, cognitive burden, and time needed for training.
- Video Labelling: Video recordings can now be labelled for the purposes of feedback to DroneShield for DroneOptID AI Model training.
- Streamlined Analytics: Historical data is now intelligently filtered and low-value data is deleted. This reduces the amount of storage required for on-premises users and reduces cognitive burden on operators viewing analytics.
- Video tracking and optical model improvements: DroneOptID enhancements include improved optical drone tracking and identification.
Angus Bean, DroneShield’s Chief Technology Officer, commented, “This major software update, incorporates a substantial amount of end-user feedback, which enhances all facets of the DroneSentry-C2 system including user experience, performance, security, and the number of integrated sensors and effectors. DroneShield is uniquely positioned as a bleeding edge technology manufacturer of individual sensors, as well as a systems integrator, enabling our team to optimise the ecosystem experience for our end users.”
DroneShield provides Artificial Intelligence based platforms for protection against advanced threats such as drones and autonomous systems. We offer customers bespoke counterdrone (or counter-UAS) and electronic warfare solutions and off-the-shelf products designed to suit a variety of terrestrial, maritime or airborne platforms. Our customers include military, intelligence community, government, law enforcement, critical infrastructure, and airports globally.