Look up and you probably don’t see much. Maybe a plane, the occasional helicopter and, of course, the odd bird. Not for long…
We at Altitude Angel envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life-saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world.
If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.
About the role:
Working as part of the Altitude Angel team means you will be working with the industry leaders and the those at the literal forefront of automated aviation and the next era of aviation. You will directly contribute to building the skyscape of the future.
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
We are seeking an experienced, driven, and pro-active Product Owner to join our Products team. You’ll be taking on the ownership of our GuardianUTM Enterprise portfolio, which means balancing the execution of our overall product vision and roadmap, alongside a continuous improvement programme addressing customer and user feedback and discovering and implementing the most valuable new features.
Our ideal candidate will have high-level of technical acumen, be detail-orientated and passionate about delivery.
- Convert our vision and roadmap into actionable work items (user stories)
- Drive the identification and articulation of new product updates – value, value, value
- Serve as a customer advocate within the Engineering teams
- Manage the Backlog against commercial requirements – prioritisation, sequencing and execution
- Support our Engineering teams in optimising the agile development process
- Own, set and maintain a high-quality bar for releasing product updates
- Influence and support the articulation of our roadmap
- Gather insight and input from stakeholders on where our products can be improved
- Ensure great communication on product updates
- Support the definition and reporting of KPI’s and performance measures
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to juggle multiple concurrent projects, balancing priorities, and dependencies
- Able to rapidly consume and expand domain and market knowledge
- Driven, creative, a natural problem-solver with excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement, and the ability to say no, when appropriate, to ensure focus on delivering impactful, timely products
- 2+ years of proven experience in Product ownership, executing and delivering SaaS applications, primarily within the B2B space
- Experience working in a highly agile environment
- Strong technical acumen (no expectation of coding but must be able to have a sufficient depth of knowledge to discuss technical implementation) – so a technical background is strongly preferred.
- Bonus points for experience in mobile Product ownership
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Quarterly team socials
To apply for this position, email your details to [email protected]