Malloy Aeronautics Ltd is an innovative and rapidly growing company based in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Engaged in cutting-edge technology design, build and manufacture. The business is growing with new contracts, so we are creating great new career opportunities. This role involves a diverse range of UAV flight testing and operations for a talented, flexible, and passionate pilot with experience in UAV commercial flying in the UK. This person must embrace the challenge of delivering outstanding results on his/her own without the need for constant supervision.
We require an experienced UAS/drone test pilot to fly our aircraft for production and experimental tests, evaluate performance and demonstrate the capability to our customers. The pilot will also manage the “backend” and support activities related to flight operations that ensure the smooth functioning of flight operations such as taking responsibility for our relationship with the regulatory authorities, managing the company flight logs and being the go-to person for flight operations knowledge and manuals.
This isn’t just another ‘drone pilot’ position. This position involves being in command of some of the biggest eVTOL UAVs in operation and testing novel airborne systems in pioneering trials as well as owning the background noise and processes that keeps things moving. No two days will be the same
Full time role for an immediate start.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.
Skills and Experience Required:
· A demonstrable flight record of UAV operations
· An understanding of aviation regulations
· A methodical and logical approach to information recording and management
· An analytical approach to the work, a desire to understand and take ownership of an issue
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
· The ability to quickly understand and apply changing information such as regulations and requirements
· Be a team focused player
· Occasionally work remotely in the UK and abroad
Test flights in conjunction with the engineering team ·
Operational and demonstration flights for customers ·
Ensuring flight logs are maintained ·
Being the go-to person for flight operations and regulatory knowledge ·
Ensuring flights days always run smoothly and safely.
· Experience of basic engineering principals
· Experience of electromechanical assembly
· Experience of home building radio-controlled aircraft or robotic vehicles
This position will suit an experienced individual to apply their skills from a similar flight test and operational environment. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years’ experience in a hands-on position.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to build on their current work experience and to be involved in the next generation of UAV technologies providing superb learning and development opportunity for you and the ability to influence the creation of innovative solutions.
· Salary negotiable and dependent on skill levels and experience
· Company Pension scheme plus insurance benefits
· Company 24-hour healthcare support line
· Three-day long weekend every fortnight (Fri-Sun)
· Freshly cooked all you can eat meat and vegetarian lunch on Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
(What an exciting company to work for if only I lived 6000 miles closer and was 20 years younger! (ed))