Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building the first instant logistics system that serves all humans equally. Leveraging expertise in robotics and autonomy, Zipline serves tens of millions of people around the world.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
We are seeing a LATAM-based individual to lead leading regional agenda setting and coordination with governmental and non-governmental organizations that focus on aviation. As the Regional Lead of Aviation Policy, LATAM, you would also advise senior management on regional strategies, effective implementation and how to best support regional aviation regulatory goals. You would report directly to the Director of Global Aviation Policy. In this role, you would be directly involved in shaping company strategies, identifying local challenges, and unlocking new market opportunities through regional regulatory engagement. Your cross-functional partners would include Sales, Marketing and Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage relevant organizations’ regional counterparts such as the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Regional Safety Organizations (RSOs), standard bodies, such as ASTM, RTCA, ISO, SAE etc. on a regular basis in order to shape and impact international policymaking directly affecting company efforts.
- Oversee the creation, editing, publication, and dissemination of company materials supporting policymaking.
- Support the Aviation Regulatory team in their efforts to expand operational approvals and certifications in the region of their responsibility and ensure alignment with other regional leads.
- Advise leadership on future challenges facing their region of responsibility while working independently to solve problems as they arise in support of company goals.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- College degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of six years experience in technology or aviation related policy environment, with frequent travel for work.
- Experience working on Aviation matters and engaging a multi-stakeholder community.
- Experience in supporting regulatory ambitions of a technology organization.
- Familiarity with advocacy efforts.
- Fluency (spoken) in English.
- Customer obsession.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and an excitement to work closely with cross-functional partners.
- Comfort translating strategic priorities to tactical objectives.
- Ability to work independently across multiple workstreams.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
This role will require travel (up to 50%, including international travel).
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
This position will be remote in LATAM, however you will work across global geographies as well as tight timeframes. Early morning / later evening work is inevitable (although we minimize where possible), as that is when some of our key partners are online.