This is a chance to get into the early phases of an ambitious project. Are you the perfect person to set up the correct fundamentals of safety engineering and great certification principles in a groundbreaking spaceplane? We believe in giving you the tools to get your job done, and then getting out of your way.
Are you up for the challenge of:
- Completing system safety engineering assessments using robust, industry best practice methodology
- Ensuring that system design meets relevant safety engineering standards and demonstrate compliance to authorities
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Managing compliance finding for relevant rules/standards to the Dawn Mk2 aircraft and beyond.
You are exceptional in having:
- Sound knowledge of safety engineering practices and standards
- Experience in the development of robust safety cases and the development of safety argument
- Experience understanding the requirements of authorities and presenting evidence effectively to meet those requirements
- At least 2 years experience in safety or certification engineering role
- Broad knowledge of engineering disciplines and a talent to quickly understand various systems and their implication on safety
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with a diverse team from a range of backgrounds
- Able to take a problem, understand and solve it independently even if the path is not clear and there is little or no precedent.
- Thrives on pushing what is possible and breaking new ground in their technical domain
We would love you to have:
- A technical degree in engineering, maths or science
- Experience in the aerospace sector particularly with remote piloted aircraft (particularly JARUS SORA or New Zealand CAR Part 102), and rocket engines
- Experience in assessment of a diverse range of engineering systems (mechanical, electrical, software, complex electronic hardware)
- Experience in dealing with authorities with novel technologies.
- Eligible to be a Chartered Professional Engineer or equivalent with an internationally recognised Engineering Professional body.
About Dawn Aerospace
The opportunities in space are limitless. Humanity is only just scratching the surface. Our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine space transportation and enable a space economy that transforms the world. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future. Our technology is best in class, with many of our products on track to be the most popular in their segment by late next year.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner.
Dawn Aerospace is an Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand.
If you think you have what it takes but are unsure that you check every box, we still want to hear from you.
Desired Skills and Experience