Skyports, established in 2017, is the leading owner and operator of vertiports to enable electric air taxi operations in a number of cities around the world.
Skyports designed and built the world’s first passenger vertiport prototype in Singapore in 2019 and, in collaboration with Volocopter, conducted the first-ever urban flight trials in Marina Bay.
Skyports are focused on designing and building vehicle-agnostic vertiport networks in a number of cities around the world with the first commercial flights planned for 2024. To support the launch of commercial operations, Skyports have ongoing projects in the UK, France, Germany, Singapore, Japan, the US and Australia.
As the leading innovator in Advanced Air Mobility infrastructure, we are actively engaged with aviation authorities and industry bodies in the US and EU to help shape vertiport standards and regulations. Our HQ is in London with regional offices in Singapore and the US. Skyports just completed its $23m Series B round with more strategic investors on board such as Ardian, F2i, Kanematsu and Goodman Group in addition to Deutsche Bahn, Groupe ADP, Irelandia Aviation and Levitate Capital.
To help us continue our impressive growth, Skyports is looking for an Airport/Vertiport Planner who can fulfil several functions when it comes to planning and designing our vertiport networks in the Americas region. You will assist in the production of technical drawings and documents for vertiport identification, site acquisition, planning and design of all aspects of our next generation eVTOL infrastructure, as well as help develop critical intellectual property for the company. You will work closely with and report to the Vertiport Development Lead and Infrastructure managers on vertiport projects, as well as assist the technology team to help define and create Skyports’ core product. You will be a key member of a team that will design and operate the world’s first commercial network of passenger eVTOL vertiports.
This role is perfect for the motivated candidate that wants to be a trailblazer in an emerging transportation industry. The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, flexible and ambitious person with a strong desire to innovate and learn. This person will be very proficient in CAD design software and will have experience in planning or design. An ideal candidate will also be confident in their abilities and comfortable communicating on behalf of Skyports to a wide array of external stakeholders. Airport or related aviation experience (helicopter/heliport is a plus) is a highly desirable. The candidate must be calm under pressure and have no issue working in ambiguity. We need someone who can help us accomplish hard goals without an instruction manual. Creativity and thinking outside the box is applauded at Skyports.
Role Location: London, England
You will sit with Vertiport Planning team in the London office, however projects may be located all over the world.
What you will do:
- Manage the execution and day to day tasks for all projects in a high profile region for Skyports, including external stakeholder management (eVTOL OEMs, landlords, airports, consultants, regulators, etc)
- Support vertiport and airport planning related tasks of all kinds, including in landside, terminal, airfield and airspace disciplines. Undertake site feasibility assessments for suitability of siting a vertiport
- Airspace due diligence
- Contribute and support the development of internal documentation, e.g. operating manuals, ConOps and vertiport planning and design manuals, capacity assessment, operations research.
- Support the Infrastructure team in partnerships and business development with landlords and eVTOL OEMs
- 3-10 years of experience in planning, engineering, aviation or other related technical field
- Strong foundation in the principles of airport planning (heliport is a plus)
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD. Deliverables may range from highly technical drawings to graphical sketches/PPTs used to support complex narratives or business development. Other design software (such as SketchUp) is a plus.
- Be able to distil information from various international design manuals and planning standards
- Be able to take a simple idea and develop it into a high fidelity concept with limited oversight
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to work flexible hours to support projects in the Americas time zones
- Ability to travel when needed
Behaviours we are looking for:
- A high standard of work and pride in showing continuous growth and improvement
- Willingness to expand beyond the scope of your previous work experience and education
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and take initiative when you see an opportunity to add value to the company in new ways
- Comfort navigating through ambiguity and shifting priorities. This is a new industry and no one has all the answers. You must be a self-starter who is comfortable proposing your own solutions/answers to big challenges
- Ability to think critically and challenge your colleagues when necessary
- Eagerness to learn and embrace feedback
- A competitive salary and pension
- Fantastic learning environment
- A unique exciting fast-paced working environment where we can truly make a change for good to the world of transportation
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Work from home opportunities
- Team lunches
- Company swag
- and more!