At AURA Network Systems, we are developing communication technologies and building an advanced network infrastructure that will enable large-scale deployment of commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM). AURA will empower the future of aviation by enabling safe, secure communications for beyond visual line of sight operations. Be part of this revolution!
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead and execute integration and testing programs with our partners and customers. The successful candidate will combine technical and analytical skills with the ability to organize complex workstreams and get things done efficiently.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and execution of programs with AURA’s partners (aircraft integrators, technology developers, government entities) through all phases of development, integration, and testing.
- Work closely with technical experts, company executives, and other program managers across the company to achieve program goals.
- Represent AURA as the face of the program for our customers and partners.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans/schedules; manage interdependencies between projects and coordinate information hand-offs.
- Actively manage technical and programmatic risks and opportunities.
- Provide periodic program updates for our team and leadership.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with other TPMs to develop processes and mechanisms that improve our efficiency in executing technical programs.
Competencies, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs and drive them to successful completion.
- Ability to make timely decisions and take action in accordance with business objectives.
- Familiarity and experience working with aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Superb organizational skills and efficient use of work processes.
- Excellent communications skills and technical writing skills.
- Strong team work ethic and collaboration skills.
- Systems Engineering expertise.
- Networking knowledge/avionics knowledge.
- Understanding of aviation and FAA processes, procedures, and standards, e.g. ARP4754, ARP4761, DO-178, DO-254, DO-278.
- Basic understanding of cloud practitioner concepts.
- Working knowledge of management and collaboration tools such as Confluence, Jira, SharePoint, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, collaborative meeting tools.
Required Education and Experience
- Engineering or technical B.S. or M.S. degree, with preference for aerospace, EE, or robotics related fields.
- Exceptional program and project management experience, working with both internal and external customers (5+ years).
- Experience managing complex, cross-organizational projects.
- PMP, or equivalent experience
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
This position may require domestic travel, up to approximately once per month.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to get background check and drug test.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
(Some positions, based on contract stipulations may require U.S. citizenship)
DC/Virginia/Maryland (preferable) or remote
Training will be on-site