Planck Aerosystems (Planck) is looking for a high-performing Sales Manager. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the upward trajectory of Planck helping us meet our revenue customer, and corporate growth objectives. The Sales Manager will drive B2B & B2G engagement with customers and partners across the unmanned aircraft industry, defense & security, and commercial applications. A strong network in, and understanding of, the unmanned systems world is key to a successful candidate for this role, as well as a proven track record of building sales processes and teams in a highly technical organization.
This role is full-time. Planck is located in San Diego, California. Remote candidates may be considered. Candidates must be located and be authorized to work in the United States.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sales forecasts based on unmanned systems market trends, regulatory environment, and in consultation with company leadership.
- Develop sales & marketing strategies, tactics and action plans.
- Implement these plans to meet / exceed revenue and unit sales targets.
- Own CRM database. Develop, nurture, and maintain deep & lasting customer and partner relationships.
- Work with potential customers / partners to analyze their needs and work with Planck technical staff to deliver excellent technical solutions.
- Effectively communicate to potential customers / partners via written proposals, in-person or virtual meetings, tradeshows, & social media.
- Communicate sales prospects and status to company leadership, board of directors, and technical team.
- Develop and execute plans to grow Planck’s sales organization, channel network, and partner base both domestically and internationally.
- Travel to customer sites, trade shows, and demonstration events. Travel 25% (COVID permitting).
- Maintain the highest degree of ethical behavior. Sell real solutions to real-world problems. Don’t over-sell capabilities, don’t under-estimate the customer.
- Demonstrated history of driving successful sales in the unmanned systems market. Previous experience in avionics, flight controls, aircraft component market, or similar is required.
- Technical aptitude in the unmanned systems space. Understand how unmanned systems work and understand their limitations.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills. High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, CRM tools, and collaboration tools.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent military / commercial experience.
- Experience with US federal contracting. Direct experience in bidding / winning OTAs, BAAs, SBIRs, or similar is a plus.
- Planck offers competitive compensation. This position is full-time & exempt. Performance-based bonus offered for meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Employee stock option (equity) plan
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- PTO & paid holidays
To apply, introduce yourself and send your resume via email to [email protected].