Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scaleup with an international and diverse team of 100+ dedicated Wingtranauts and growing. Our goal is to build the best aerial robots to digitize the world at the push of a button and set the basis for better decisions. By now our customers have grown from survey and mapping professionals to scientists, humanitarian organizations and environmentalists.
They fly WingtraOne more than a thousand hours on a monthly basis. And this is only the beginning—together we can achieve so much more. Founded more than 5 years ago, at ETH Zurich, Europe’s leading robotics university, our high-performance WingtraOne drone is continuously improved by a world-class team of 40+ engineers.
In this position, you will be the main technical point of contact for new mechatronic (mechanical, electrical, firmware) product developments. Being the main link between the Product, the R&D and the Operations teams, you ensure the satisfaction of our customers through the entire life cycle of new products.
- Lead interdisciplinary projects, with responsibility in all project phases, including but not limited to feasibility studies, resource and budget forecasting, quality control planning, design transfer and initial production ramp-up with the Industrialization team
- You will form an entity with a dedicated Product Manager, being the pivotal point towards the R&D and the Operations teams with all of their sub-teams. Responsibilities include translating high-level into low-level requirements, holding gate review meetings, securing supplies and production, and supporting market launch activities
- Ensure accountabilities and resource allocation are clear, and agreed time frames are met
- Scrutinize and improve inter-team development processes on the go
- 3+ years experience in managing industrial Hardware engineering projects, preferably in the UAV or automotive industry
- Demonstrated project leadership in a cross-functional (mechanical, electrical, firmware), technical organization with at least 10 engineers
- Track record of successful project completion with external suppliers, e.g. partners for injection molding, composite materials and electronic manufacturing services
- Ability to strike a balance between making resource and budget forecasts, but working in an agile environment
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills with diverse stakeholders
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.