Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies by making access to the skies seamless. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract. Since then, we’ve expanded globally, transforming the health supply chain with drone logistics operations in four countries.
The work we’re doing is shifting the future of healthcare. We are having an immediate impact on the lives of people who live within the communities our operations are conducted in. Lots of companies say they have an impact but we really have one. We’ve got big plans to shift the paradigm in both developing and developed markets alike, both by deploying our fully managed logistics service into the health supply chain, and providing selected partners with our technology platform to further expand their impact.
To deliver on our vision, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful ‘doers’ to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems and make all this become a reality. Last year we tripled our team size, and this year despite all the challenges we are doing it again.
So, what next? With our experienced team and strong capital backing, we’re working to build our global team and expand operations across multiple markets. Today we are looking for some talented engineers to join our journey to be the First Australian company to FAA certify an autonomous aircraft, to underpin the next change in how the world moves
To help us achieve this, we are looking for an experienced and visionary Electrical or Mechatronic Engineer who will bring innovations in embedded software and hardware design to support our endeavours to deliver life changing logistics. Our ideal candidate will see engineering as much more than just their job, it will be your passion. You will have a curious mindset and be eager to contribute to all areas of our technology, grow your understanding of all elements of our system, whilst also contributing to long-term, company-wide technical goals.
You will be a self-starter, one who is able to collaborate with others in a cross functional team environment. Effectively working to tight deadlines, maintain high quality outputs, and apply a “Roll up your sleeve” approach to getting things done. You will be fiercely passionate about all things Engineering and Robotics, love bringing new products to life and excel at driving, conceptualising and validating ideas. We enjoy learning more about what others are working on, tell us about your experiences and latest passion project!
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the best minds to engineer and deploy a next generation light weight plastic & electric autonomous aircraft that will transform access to healthcare across the world. As a Swoop Aero Engineer you will collaborate with a highly passionate and innovative team in order to develop elegant and functional embedded systems ready for manufacturing as part of our air transportation system, which will be one of the first globally to be certification ready.
As a key member of the technology team you will drive the transformation of Swoop Aero’s embedded architecture both on the planes, and their supporting hardware on the ground. We will clear the path of red tape and empower you to take charge and lead the product design and implementation of new prototypes. You will proactively define problems, analyse root causes and develop solutions. This position will see you play a critical role in developing technology that is making a genuine positive impact in the world.
You’ll own a value stream in the engineering design process, and some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design, documentation and testing of embedded systems within our technology stack, including Detail the electronic design of embedded system, develop and implement prototypes to validate feasibility of product concepts, developing testing protocols and procedures to validate prototype systems,
- Development of embedded software to enable the functionality of your subsystems and integrate with the wider technology stack, including identifying failure paths within the technology stack and implement robust solutions to reduce likelihood of dangerous failures,
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes and procedures are optimised for cost, quality and delivery while advocating for design changes that will improve customer outcomes,
- Complete design and development documentation, including liaising with other team members and facilitate design meetings to report on progress; and,
- Oversee and participate in projects as needed in order to support Swoop Aero’s business objectives.
As this is a technical role we have some necessary experience:
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering field
- Advanced Altium knowledge
- Experience with the design, manufacture and programming of embedded systems
- A minimum of three years diverse engineering experience in a professional environment
- Working Right in Australia or a Visa pathway
- Experience with RTOS
- Experience with systems designed for redundancy
- Experience with power electronics, ESC’s etc.