We have an exciting new opportunity for a Flight Operations Survey & Inspection Manager to manage our drone survey and inspection operations. The successful candidate will also manage and support our Proof-of-Concept projects within the region as we scale up global operations. Based in Newbury, the role will involve international travel.
We have built a large pipeline of drone operation opportunities across industries and geographies and are about to execute them. We do not manufacture drones; we operate them for the benefit of our customers. We are looking for someone to help execute these opportunities.
- Manage and grow our survey & inspection operations
- Conduct survey & inspection operations worldwide (data collection, processing and creation of final deliverables).
- Obtain the necessary licenses to legally operate as a commercial drone pilot in the countries we operate in
- Be trained to fly our fleet of drone systems manually and be able to perform automated missions
- Be responsible for the ground handling, pre-flight, post-flight, and routine maintenance of the drone systems, and set up of the ground-based infrastructure at the landing site
- Participate as a pilot or observer to operate commercial drones in automatic long-range beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) survey and inspection projects
- Be an all-around team contributor. We are a small team, and everyone contributes to everything at some point
- Be required to travel internationally and should be comfortable with travelling at short term notice to various geographies for extended periods
- Report to our Head of Flight Operations
- Strong background in aerial survey & inspection (aerial surveillance experience also desirable)
- Experience operating both multirotor & fixed-wing survey/inspection aircraft
- Experience working with RTK GPS & ground control points
- Experienced in photogrammetry packages such as Pix4D & Agisoft and survey processing packages such as N4CE
- A safety first mentality
- Team leadership skills
- Responsible and with very high standards in safety
- Excellent communication skills. Safe aviation operations are all about open communication and open and honest reporting
- A highly motivated, proactive, self-starter and team player who likes a challenge and has the ingenuity and resilience to find the solutions to overcome them
- Ability to problem solve on the fly; someone who can ask the questions that have not been asked and can find the answers too
- Be comfortable navigating through ambiguity as this is a new industry and no one yet has all the answers.
- Flexibility to travel for extended periods (4-8 weeks at a time)
- A competitive remuneration package
- Fantastic learning environment
- A unique, exciting, fast-paced working culture where we can genuinely make a change for good in the world of drones
- The opportunity to shape the future of Skyports survey & inspection operations