In a global setting where the use of drones has increased exponentially for a wide variety of applications, there is an urgent need to provide a solution that ensures safe integration of drones into the airspace.
INVOLI develops technologies to improve the safety of drone operations alongside manned aircrafts, by providing a comprehensive view of the air traffic to drone pilots around their area of operation (including planes, helicopters, parachutes, etc.). The INVOLI solution is based on the deployment of receivers for aircraft position signals, GPS drone trackers, a data processing infrastructure (e.g. multilateration) and visualization and distribution of reliable air traffic data via internet.
Since its foundation in July 2017, INVOLI has received multiple awards and wide support (notably including Swisscom startup challenge, ESA BIC, Venture kick, Venture Leaders, Venture, W.A. De Vigier) and has developed and deployed its solution in partnership with Swisscom and other big players in the industry.
Join our team and contribute to the growth of INVOLI!
You will join our software team and contribute to the development of our server platform, processing and visualizing the vast amount of data collected by our air traffic receivers and drone trackers.
- Add new features to our various web UI’s (Angular) making sure our customers always have a clear view on the real-time air traffic data.
- Develop our backend server infrastructure (Python, C++) so that our data pipelines run smoothly (and if not, make sure we have the right monitoring tools in place to understand why)
- Make your life easier by maintaining and improving our CI/CD infrastructure and automated testing so that you have more time for the fun things
- Shape our product and help to define and prioritize our feature backlog
- All this in a cross functional Scrum team working in Lausanne (some remote working is possible)
- Background in computer science, engineering
- Previous experience of 3+ years in software engineering in an industrial environment
- Good knowledge of front-end frameworks (especially Angular) with a flair for UX design
- Experience with Web API (Django, REST), databases (MongoDB, RDBMS), containers (Docker), messaging (RabbitMQ), monitoring (Prometheus)
- Experience programming in Python and C++
- Experience working with agile methodologies (especially Scrum)
- Experience with (and passion for) high quality code and methodologies used to build it (unit testing, code review etc.)
- Communication in French and English
- Interest in working in the dynamic environment of a startup
- Interest in drones / aviation is a plus