Do you want to shape the future of aviation? Do you share our vision of saving and improving lives through technology with a purpose? Then join our ambitious team of young talents and experienced professionals!
We at Wingcopter design innovative, high-performance drones that are operated all over the world in commercial and humanitarian operations. Our drone technology saves and improves lives every day.
Currently, we are looking for a Lead of Software Engineering (m/f/d) to join our Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Leadership role in the engineering department that seeks excellence in software engineering
- Leading a dynamic team in a start up environment and bringing the competence of training (young and innovative) engineers to develop themselves (excellent training skills)
- Management and execution of development projects against delivery commitments and project plans
- Highly collaborative role between management and strategic planning
- Coordination and reporting to Head of Engineering with relevant KPI
- Leading and overseeing software research projects
- Coordinating activities with other departments and stakeholders, e.g. production, supply chain, etc.
- Management of department´s resource and capacity planning and budgeting
What You’ll Need:
- Academic education in (Aerospace) Software Engineering, Automotive, Medical Technology or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in leading roles in software engineering in the Aerospace industry
- Experience in leading software development processes
- Profound understanding of regulatory frameworks in aviation, e.g. EASA/FAA Part 21, Part / CS 23/25/27/29 (certification)
- Very good communication skills both written and verbal
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English
- Assertiveness and strong personality skills
- Leadership skills, having an ability to move a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision
- Result-oriented, be a creative and strategic thinker, work comfortably in a highly collaborative
What you’ll bring as a perfect candidate:
- You are a team player.
- You have a can-do mentality.
- You believe that technology can have a positive impact on society and our future.
What We’ll Offer:
- A highly motivated team
- The exciting life of a fast-growing tech startup
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas
- The active promotion of your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact through your work
- An extraordinary working environment