Join Australia’s fastest growing drone inspection company as a Remote (Drone) Pilot and work with the latest remote sensing equipment on challenging and high profile inspection projects. Sensorem is seeking 2 x experienced remote (drone) pilots based out of our Perth (Subiaco) office.
1 x position in mid-December 2021
1 x position in mid-January 2022
For this role, we’re seeking more than just qualified drone pilots. The successful candidates will have a deep interest in remote sensing technology, show attention to detail, have excellent communication skills, and consider safety as the number one priority.
Candidates must be comfortable operating in a team environment, and equally be able to work independently on projects in regional and remote areas.
Both positions are full-time.
About the business:
Sensorem has been a leading AI driven drone solutions provider since 2013, specialising in drone asset inspection, aerial surveying and mobile LiDAR mapping. Our projects span the country and are managed from our Operations Centre in Perth.
Sensorem is an Aerodyne Group company – an international DT3 enterprise solutions provider, leading the global tech curve in the use of drone data and AI-powered analytics to resolve complex industrial challenges.
We operate a range of enterprise drone platforms, including multi-rotor, fixed wing, powered lift, and collision tolerant. Our data is transformed into meaningful deliverables through our AI-powered cloud-based asset management solution – vertikaliti.
- Plan missions and safely operate company drone equipment to acquire high quality data
- Operate other remote sensing equipment, including laser scanners, crawlers, thermal cameras, and underwater ROVs on complex inspection projects
- Manage big data acquired on site, ready for post processing through our data processing centre
- CASA RePL (small category – multi-rotor up to 25kgs)
- Experience operating DJI M300 RTK (or similar) multi-rotor drones
- 100+ hours drone experience
- Experience on inspection and mapping projects
- Sound understanding of the CASA drone regulations
- Highly skilled in collecting and managing big data
- Ability to perform job safety analysis and risk identification
- Experience in using drone mapping and photogrammetry software to plan missions
- Willingness to travel to regional and remote areas of the country
- Valid driver’s licence with 4WD experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- CASA RePL (Fixed Wing and Powered Lift)
- Experience operating Elios 2 caged drone (or similar)
- Commercial drone experience on digital twin projects
- Aeronautical radio operators licence (AROC)
- Background in mining, engineering or surveying
- Senior first-aid
- Construction induction training (White card)
What we offer:
- Generous remuneration package + allowances
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a proficiency check as part of the interview process.
If you’re looking for a unique opportunity to advance your career as a drone pilot, working on cutting-edge inspection and mapping projects, submit your application by clicking on the apply button.