L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.Description:
Job Title: Pilot Specialist
Location: Tucson, Arizona
The Flight Operations Pilotsupervises or operates the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and supporting systems to gather intelligence for mission planning, mission sensor/payload operations, and launching, remotely piloting, and recovering the aerial vehicle. Performs system and functional tests; trains users; assists in developing and compiling flight manuals and flight plans; and assists in improving, evaluating, and developing specifications for flight operations and aircraft maintenance/operation.
- Prepares and conducts air reconnaissance missions.
- Operates mission sensor/payload for target detection.
- Plans and analyzes flight missions.
- Deploys and redeploys the Tactical UAV ground and air system.
- Operates and performs operator level maintenance on UAVs, related support equipment, communications equipment, and computer equipment.
- Launches and recovers the air vehicle.
- Performs pre-flight, in flight, and post-flight checks and procedures.
- Directs emplacement of ground control station.
- Directs emplacement of launch and recovery systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of relevant aviation experience.
- Experience with UAV autopilot systems
- Experience with Group 2 or 3 UAVs as an Air Vehicle Operator.
- Experience with Piccolo command center (PCC).
- Experience writing aircraft operation processes/procedures and flight/test plans.
- Experience as a Manned or Unmanned Aviation Instructor.
- Experience as Manual Safety Pilot.
- Private Pilot Certification, FAA Part 107 Qualification, and FAA Class III Medical Qualification.
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearances as required.
- Existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience
- Bachelor’s in Science and/or UAS Operations (desired)
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Support Field Testing
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.