● New contract with major producer of seeds for agriculture, Corteva Agriscience RSA (Pty) Ltd (Corteva) in South Africa adds to DLT’s growing multi-national customer base
● Full-time drone pilot and plant analytics contract builds on two-year relationship between the companies in the region
● Contract to commence on 1 October 2021 for an eight-month duration and generate approximately A$150,000 in revenue
● Corteva Agriscience is a global agricultural chemical and seed company with net sales in 2020 of US$14.2 billion
– Drones-as-a-service provider Delta Drone International (ASX:DLT) has secured
a contract with major producer of seeds for agriculture, Corteva Agriscience RSA (Pty) Ltd (Corteva) in South Africa, adding to the Company’s growing multinational customer base.
The eight-month, fixed-term contract, worth A$150,000 was signed after Delta Drone International successfully provided its leading drones-as-a-service capabilities across several ad-hoc agriculture projects for the conglomerate over the last two years.
There are no termination provisions other than standard clauses for non-performance.
Delta Drone International will provide a full-time specialist agriculture drone pilot to deploy state-of-the-art agriculture-specific drones to capture a range of vital data including plant analytics to ensure maximum yield for crops such as maize, soybeans and sunflowers for Pioneer Seed RSA (“Pioneer®“), a subsidiary of Corteva,
Delta Drone International CEO, Christopher Clark said: “Obtaining the data required to assess crop health in a timely manner has historically been a challenge for the agriculture sector. With our fleet of state-of-the-art agriculture-specific drones
and drone pilots who specialise in flying in agricultural settings, we can more accurately obtain the data and provide it to customers much faster so they can take more effective action to maximise yields.”
“Moving from ad-hoc contracts to a fixed-term contract with Pioneer® demonstrates the value our expert knowledge of the agriculture sector combined with the latest aerial data capture technologies provides, enabling them to focus on core business operations.”
“We look forward to working with Pioneer® and showing them the magnitude of ways our drones can be used to enhance agriculture operations.”