SAN FRANCISCO /PEOPLE OPERATIONS /FULL-TIME
At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) cargo aircraft systems that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air has so much potential!
It’s much faster than by land or sea, but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials – air transport has remained expensive. We’re going to change that. And we’re solving big problems; the commercial express logistics industry worldwide needs faster + better transport and spends $140B annually, and our men and women in uniform need a reliable unmanned aerial cargo delivery system.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to fly our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous aerial logistics system. You will play a critical role in bringing the Elroy Air system to the world.
As Elroy Air’s first recruiter, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a robust full-cycle recruiting process to ensure we have a strong candidate pool, assisting hiring managers to streamline their process, and identifying improvement opportunities in our recruiting funnel. You will help identify weaknesses in sourcing and find platforms and events that target desired candidates.
What you’ll own
- Working collaboratively with hiring managers from all teams to ensure their hiring targets can be met
- Developing strategies to source candidates in highly competitive fields and maintaining relationships with targeted candidates for future roles.
- Optimizing our current process and making improvements as you go
- Analyzing and benchmarking our data to determine outcomes in hiring
- Processing candidates sent from external recruiting partners
- Working closely with Director of People Operations to ensure DEI targets are prioritized
- Representing the best of Elroy Air in all candidate interactions
Our ideal candidate
- 3+ years of experience as an in-house recruiter or equivalent time at an agency supporting similar companies.
- Proven success in full-cycle recruitment
- Experience across a broad range of teams with differing priorities
- Ability to dive in quickly, self-start, and prioritize
- Expert-level ability in Lever ATS and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Passion for building diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points for
- Aerospace, tech, or start-up experience
- Interest in building a more inclusive and kind new vertical in aerospace
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Competitive insurance package including medical/dental/vision/long term disability/life
- 401(k) with broad access to low-cost investment funds, paid parental leave, and highly flexible vacation policy.
- You’ll work with and learn from a diverse and highly skilled team.
- You’ll help define a new category of aerospace / logistics / robotics, and you’ll work on novel and never-before-built systems.
- As an early addition to a quickly growing team, you’ll help shape and define company culture and values.
- You’ll work in a hands-on office and testing facility minutes from downtown San Francisco.
Elroy Air values and strives for diversity in our workforce and does not discriminate based on applicant identity in accordance with equal employment opportunities and federal, state, and local law. We define diversity as a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and backgrounds that form a person’s identity. This includes not just gender identity and race, but also; ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, age, ability, parenthood status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any combination of these characteristics.
We encourage you to apply even if you aren’t an exact match for our open role, many of our team members come from nontraditional backgrounds.
All employees will be screened through E-Verify.