Thew Associates PE-LS, PLLC is a land and hydrographic surveying and mapping firm headquartered in Canton, New York with branch offices in Marcy (Utica), Saranac Lake, and Syracuse, New York.
Thew Associates’ services include; surveying and mapping (topographic, boundary retracement, construction, hazardous waste site, and as-built surveying and mapping); hydrographic surveying and mapping (multi- and single beam acoustic, ADCP, magnetometer, sub-bottom profiling, and sediment sampling); and remote sensing (terrestrial and UAV LiDAR).
We are seeking a highly motivated UAV Pilot to support the firm’s Remote Sensing Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and safely executing UAV LiDAR and photogrammetry missions, along with performing post processing of LiDAR and photogrammetric data, that are assigned by the firm’s Director of Remote Sensing. It is preferred that the candidate have a background or basic understanding of land surveying and mapping principles.
The following education, experience, and skills are required:
- Preferred A.A.S. or B.S. in Surveying or a GIS related curriculum
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certified
- Understanding of basic surveying and topographic mapping concepts
- valid driver’s license
- willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
- must be able to work independently
The following education, experience, and skills are preferred:
- experience performing post processing (registration) of LiDAR and photogrammetric data
- experience performing GPS post processing
- experience with the extraction of mapping features from LiDAR and photogrammetry point clouds
- excellent computer and technical skills; including familiarity with or willingness to learn Mictostation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Global Mapper, ARC GIS, Pix4D, and TopoDOT.
Thew Associates offers a professional working atmosphere with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across multiple market sectors, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefit offerings including health insurance, employer 401(k) contribution, benefit time, and professional development. Additional information regarding
Thew Associates can be found on our website at www.thewassociates.com.