Position Type: Full-Time
Travel: >50% Domestic and International. To Washington DC, other customer locations as well as Elroy Air Headquarters.
At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous cargo aircraft systems that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air can be much faster than by land or sea – but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials, air transport has remained too expensive to scale. We’re going to change that. And we’re solving big problems – the commercial express logistics industry worldwide spends $140B annually, and our men and women in uniform need a reliable unmanned aerial cargo delivery system.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to pilot our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous air transport system. You will play a critical part in bringing the Elroy Air Chaparral system to our partners in the Defense community and ensuring that what we’re building meets their needs.
As Director: Business Development – Federal, on the Business Development and Strategy team, you will play a vital role in leading strategic capture pursuits and ensuring customer success. This is a strategic leadership role to oversee the development and implementation of new business building programs, and sales rationale focused on Defense and Intelligence Aviation and Logistics.
Responsibilities will include developing and executing customer contact plans, executing customer workshops, demonstrations, identifying and responding to proposals, closing on new contracts and supporting existing contracts.
Provide support to conferences trade shows as the representative of Elroy Air which entails working with Company Management and Strategy Team, and others as required.
What You’ll Own
- Identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing new Federal contract opportunities in collaboration with the Business Development and Strategy team and company management
- Contacting, meeting, briefing, and building relationships and rapport with existing and new Federal stakeholders and customers
- Generating, iterating, submitting and presenting proposals, white-paper responses, quad charts, and presentations
- Keeping relevant assets (images, videos, presentations) organized and available
- You’ll be our main point of contact on current and future contracts: running regular stakeholder meetings, submitting deliverables, winning expansions to contract scope
- Prior experience and success in Federal Business Development and/or Aerospace & Defense – including project planning and scheduling, business development and proposal management, and monitoring and reporting on these activities
- Education required: BS/BA in a business, marketing, or technology related concentration
- Established and successful reputation in the market, customer and industry relationships
- Strong leadership, communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external senior executives and stakeholders
- Comfortable interfacing directly with US Government stakeholders, company leadership, and speaking publicly on behalf of the company
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security clearance
- Years of experience: 10+ yrs of business development or other relevant experience within the Federal sector
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have an aptitude for strategic, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- You have prior experience in Aviation and/or Aerospace & Defense, or Military Service (Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Aviation, Logistics, Acquisition, Transportation preferred)
- You have business / managerial experience in an engineering or scientific R&D organization
- You have strong writing skills, and a track record of success preparing proposals
- You can translate complex analysis and product features into simple customer-ready slides
- You have a proven track record of working well both across internal teams and interfacing with external partners and customers
- You are able to translate customer insight into product feature requests
- You are able to comfortably work under pressure, take on projects with ambiguity, and work extended hours and travel as required
- You are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and kind
- You are humble and work well with a wide range of people
Elroy Air values and strives for diversity in our workforce and does not discriminate based on applicant identity in accordance with equal employment opportunities and federal, state, and local law.
We define diversity as a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and backgrounds that form a person’s identity. This includes not just gender identity and race, but also; ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, age, ability, parenthood status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any combination of these characteristics.
We encourage you to apply even if you aren’t an exact match for our open role, many of our team members come from nontraditional backgrounds.
All employees will be screened through E-Verify.