PSI – Boston, MAFull-timeBachelors
Physical Sciences Inc. and its InstantEye Robotics Division, located just north of Boston in Andover, develops and manufactures detection technology, laser systems, and tactical unmanned aerial systems that are the technology of choice by military, law enforcement, and first responders around the world. It has earned the respect of its customers by delivering high-quality products that are affordable, reliable, and meet current and future mission needs.
Our team has a need for a Controls Engineer to develop and advance the autopilot control system for the suite of InstantEye Robotics platforms and payloads. The candidate will work closely with the Electrical, Software, and Mechanical teams on specifications, implementation, testing, and deployment in a fast paced, dedicated team committed to delivering high-quality products
BS (MS/PhD preferred) with 3+ years relevant experience in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical engineering with a focus on dynamics, estimation, and control with the following qualifications:
• C/C++ proficiency, object-oriented design and real-time implementation
• Significant experience in MATLAB or Python
• Strong previous work on real-time (C/C++) Kalman filters or other estimators
• Experience with real-time (C/C++) control feedback loops
• Strong previous work on airborne platforms, flight stability, and control
• Experience with attitude determination from IMU – sensor interface, filtering, outlier rejection
• Understanding of linear analysis of control systems, Euclidean geometry, and quaternion transformations
• Knowledge or willingness to learn piloting skills for quadrotor UAVs
• Computer Vision (OpenCV), and/or Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), optical flow (OF), or visual inertial odometry (VIO) experience.
US Citizenship is required.Benefits: HealthcareMedicalDentalFlexible spending accountsLong-tem bank (LTB) sick hoursShort term disability insuranceLong term disability insuranceLife and accidental death and dismemberment insurance