‘‘U-SPACE INSIGHT’’, an international survey on U-space is now online. It is being conducted in the framework of the AW-Drones Project, which is funded by the European Union under the Horizon 2020 Programme.
The survey has been put together with the assistance of 23 subject matter experts with complementary expertise from Belgium, France, Germany, The Netherlands & Spain, and is available in 4 languages.
The objective of this survey is to obtain feedback from the UAS community permitting to:
• Evaluate the comprehension of U-space and its proscribed services in the Single European Sky (SES) Member State area;
• Assess the knowledge level & the expectations of the UAS community;
• Obtain an opinion on the availability of the technical standards required to support the implementation of U-space (and to conduct operation safety risk analysis);
• Identify possible bottlenecks & gaps;
• Scope the possible pre-occupations of the UAS community concerning U-Space and its implementation;
• Check on the current readiness status relative to the implementation of U-space.
With the intent to make them accessible to the widest possible readership, the survey’s explanatory documents, are available in English, French, German and Spanish.The survey reply submission deadline is 31 May 2021. The survey conclusions will be made publicly available and all respondents will be nominally acknowledged.