At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous cargo aircraft systems that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air can be much faster than by land or sea – but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials, air transport has remained too expensive. We’re going to change that.
And we’re solving a big problem – the express logistics industry worldwide spends $140B annually.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to pilot our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous air transport system. You will play a critical part in designing and developing the Elroy Air system.
As an Integration and Test Technician you will work within the Flight Testing and Vehicle Integration team and be responsible for the assembly and troubleshooting of test equipment and various systems on our proof of concept aircraft. The role will involve working hands-on with flight hardware and interacting with engineers, designers, and technicians from multiple cross functional teams.
What You’ll Own
- Assembly of test stands and aircraft systems using engineering drawings and models, including assembly of large metallic structures, HV and LV electrical wiring harnesses, and integration of electromechanical components such as motors, actuators, etc.
- Installation of instrumentation and wiring on test stands including load cells, strain gages, transducers, etc.
- Documentation of assembly processes
- Support tracking, calibration, inventory, and control of tools, instruments, equipment and raw materials used for tests
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years prior experience in either test laboratory or aerospace fabrication
- Experience with assembly and fabrication of metal, composite or electromechanical assemblies, including use of standard hand tools
- Familiar working with and interpreting basic engineering drawings (dimensions, notes, geometric features and wire diagrams)
- Ability to fabricate and install wiring and wiring harnesses, including completing pinouts on circuit assemblies (wire cutting, stripping, labelling, pinning, soldering)
- Experience with rapid manufacturing equipment such as 3D printers, laser cutters and water jets
- Basic proficiency with Solidworks, Rapid Harness, or other engineering design software
- Ability to perform physical work for at least 8 hours a day and lift heavy items up to 40 pounds unassisted
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities and goals
- Comfortable working on a small multi-disciplinary team
Bonus points for
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems
- Prior experience with hybrid electric propulsion systems (turboshaft engines, generators, batteries, etc.)
- Hands-on experience maintaining, servicing, and/or building complex aircraft systems
- Familiarity with FAA regulations (part 91, 23, 27, 135)
- Private or commercial pilots certificate
Elroy Air values and strives for diversity in our workforce and does not discriminate based on applicant identity in accordance with equal employment opportunities and federal, state, and local law. We define diversity as a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and backgrounds which form a person’s identity. This includes not just gender identity and race, but also; ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, age, ability, parenthood status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any combination of these characteristics.
We encourage you to apply even if you aren’t an exact match for our open role, many of our team members come from nontraditional backgrounds.
All employees will be screened through E-Verify.