At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous cargo aircraft systems that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air can be much faster than by land or sea – but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials, air transport has remained too expensive. We’re going to change that. And we’re solving a big problem – the express logistics industry worldwide spends $140B annually.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to pilot our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous air transport system. You will play a critical part in designing and developing the Elroy Air system.
As a Visual and Brand Designer, you will develop, refine, and disseminate the visual presentation of all things Elroy Air. You will develop and implement the brand identity of the company and then implement that identity through visual materials, our web presence, facilities branding, vehicle livery, and all other public-facing touchpoints. In addition, you will work with senior staff to craft decks, promotional materials, documentation, and identity assets across all relevant media.
What you’ll own
- Driving Elroy Air’s web presence and creating readily editable frameworks for updating our website as needed
- Designing livery for our internal Elroy Air test & contract delivery vehicles
- Developing elegant custom livery for Elroy Air vehicles that match our clients’ brand identity
- Crafting & managing the look and feel of our building both inside and out (lobby, offices, shops, test equipment, assembly areas, etc . . .)
- Assisting in media pushes by generating high quality photo, video, & data packages to share with the press
- Contributing to aircraft & testing documentation by ensuring creation of high quality assets that capture prototyping/development progress, our assembly process, testing activities, industry events, & more
- Evolving our current slide deck templates and schemas to ensure that they continue building Elroy Air’s brand
- Creating slide decks for customers, investors, partners, regulatory bodies, military, & others
- Expanding our CONOPS documentation (both near team and future-thinking/aspirational goals) via diagramming, storyboarding, photography, video development, etc . . .
- Co-developing/directing, shooting, editing, & producing a range of photo & video assets
- Running our social media efforts and being an internal decision maker on how we accomplish our goals relative to our desired audiences.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has 3-to-5 years of Visual and Brand Design
- Has a full stack of graphic & illustration design + editing capabilities —> Photo and video editing experience is strongly preferred
- Has experience working with small, diverse teamsIs well versed in Adobe Creative Suite – photoshop, premiere, illustrator, indesign, after effects
- Photo / video experience (as mentioned above)
- Past experience with capturing beautiful shots of vehicles (both photos and video)
Elroy Air values and strives for diversity in our workforce and does not discriminate based on applicant identity in accordance with equal employment opportunities and federal, state, and local law. We define diversity as a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and backgrounds which form a person’s identity. This includes not just gender identity and race, but also; ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, age, ability, parenthood status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any combination of these characteristics.
We encourage you to apply even if you aren’t an exact match for our open role, many of our team members come from nontraditional backgrounds.
All employees will be screened through E-Verify.