Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies by making access to the skies seamless. We were the first company to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract. Since then, we’ve expanded globally, transforming the health supply chain with drone logistics operations in four countries.
The work we’re doing is shifting the future of healthcare. We are having an immediate impact on the lives of people, who live within the communities our operations are conducted in. Lots of companies say they have an impact but we really have one. We’ve got big plans to shift the paradigm in both developing and developed markets alike. We integrate air transport using drones into the first and last mile of the health supply chain, to make healthcare available everywhere; our goal is to reach 100 million people by 2025.
To deliver on our goal we’ve built the world’s leading platform for seamless drone logistics, and to extend our reach we partner selectively with organisations across the globe who want to leverage our platform at scale to deliver genuine impact.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful doers to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems – and make it happen.
The situation and the role:
So, what next? With our strong board and insightful leadership, we are well resourced to build our team and expand our operations into multiple markets. Last year we tripled our team size, and this year we are doing it again! Now more than ever our work has become all the more meaningful and relevant. With the world’s current focus on health, we have the opportunity to grow a business that leads. In addition, we have the technology that can drive new solutions into new and emerging markets.
After experiencing great international success, we are setting our sights on the Australian healthcare system and are eager to create the same positive impact locally as we have abroad. To help us achieve this we’re looking for a dynamic National Flight Operations Manager to lead our domestic operations team and successfully grow our Australian networks. This position presents an exciting and unique opportunity to develop the first ever logistics network of its kind within Australia.
This role will see you work closely with the Director of Flight Operations to manage the implementation and maintenance of all our Australian networks. You will oversee a team of ambitious aviation professionals and bring a safety-first, high accountability mindset to the team. You’ll act as the subject matter expert on all things aviation, liaise with key stakeholders and ensure the flight operations team are providing consistent operational support to our customer base.
- Execute the roll out and ongoing management of all new Australian network operations.
- Evaluate all potential domestic flight locations and oversee new route development as required
- Ensure flight operations are conducted safely and in compliance with documented Swoop Aero policies and procedures.
- Oversee the coordination of weekly flight operations including resources management and team performance.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of operational and training manuals.
- Understand the Australian market conditions impacting operations and identify, recommend and assist in implementing solutions that support ongoing business operations
- Effectively collaborate across departments and champion flight operations within the broader organisation
- Act as the point of contact for all external stakeholders in relation to flight operations, drive customer engagement and satisfaction across all Swoop Aero’s service offering.
- Facilitate the development and conduct of training programs and curriculum.
- Act in the capacity of a remote pilot supervisor for beyond visual line of sight operations
- Contribute to product development through requirements identification and participation in research and development activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Flight Operations
You are a highly disciplined person who has an ability to solve problems in complex environments, prioritize between competing objectives and has a keen eye for detail. You are the type of person who leads by example and brings a collaborative approach to developing and managing your team. You have experience in training and working with a diverse team in achieving project requirements effectively, efficiently and safely. This is an opportunity like no other and we are looking for someone who is eager to take on this ambitious goal and to make their mark and help us transform the global health supply chain!
- Commercial Pilot Licence, either helicopter or fixed wing
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment, or equivalent
- CASA Instrument rating examination pass
- Project management including stakeholder liaison and customer relationship management
- CASA issued remote pilot license
- Training systems development