We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial professional passionate about technology, drones, aviation or all of the above. This role will lead the strategy, development and management of the product portfolio for the Skyward organization in Verizon. The portfolio includes SaaS and mobile applications for operations management, flight planning and airspace access, LTE connectivity products for integration directly to drones, professional services including operational and regulatory consulting as well as training, and partner integrations with both hardware (drones, avionics) and software (data processing, analytics, enterprise systems).
This individual will report directly to Skyward’s President, and partner with the Director of Engineering and the Director of R&D to lead the full product life cycle across the portfolio– from ideation, to proof of concept, development and go to market, through ramp and end of life. You will synthesize internal and external data, driving a vision and a portfolio roadmap (technical requirements/marketing requirements) that grows revenue, customer adoption, margin and market share. He/She will be the tip of the spear, developing deep customer/market insights to understand which capabilities and use cases will be of the highest value and best position Skyward to accelerate and lead the market for commercial drone operations.
This executive will engage enterprise customers, Skyward partners, and Verizon Business Group product and sales organizations, to lead portfolio strategy and roadmap prioritization, inform go-to-market strategy and support capabilities needed for that strategy, and develop the plan that outlines product, pricing, and competitive strategies.
- Development of multi-year product and service roadmaps that embrace future technologies and build on the existing ecosystem of offerings.
- New product planning, business justification, verification, forecasting, pricing, and development of product suite.
- Improving existing products and creating a portfolio of services that expands outside of Verizon’s existing product offerings.
- All stages of the product lifecycle; involved in bringing products to market and longer term evolution and maintenance of product suites.
- Managing and optimizing user experiences, including processes that users follow, and the experience of products and services.
- Lead a portfolio team comprised of product managers, UX designers, product analysts, and product owners, across software, connectivity and consulting service lines. Skyward follows Agile development practices, and this leader will work closely with the Director of Engineering in applying and adapting those practices to drive business and team success.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of proven success as a VP/Director Product Management in an emerging market B2B SaaS or mobile application (aviation, robotics or drone experience a plus).
- Five or more years of experience embracing the ambiguity and opportunity of new technology markets, and delivering a product roadmap that resulted in market creation, adoption or ramp.
- Two or more years of UI/UX experience evidenced by leading successful technology products/services targeting non-technology natives with simple, easy to use applications.
- Five or moreyears of experience using full lifecycle product management skills across a portfolio of service lines, understanding how to prioritize, integrate and price across services lines, deliver a product to new markets and scale with profitability.
- Six or more years of experience scaling a product team, anticipating and planning for challenges that come with growth, and fully developing, motivating and mentoring team.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- BA / BS, MBA.
- Six or more years of demonstrated collaboration skills evidenced by the ability to build great relationships across all internal functions and external partners.
- Six or more years of demonstrated inclusive, collaborative management style and the ability to inspire and challenge your team and your peers to achieve more than they thought they could.
- Six or more years of experience leading diverse product teams.
- Two or more years of experience managing a full product line P&L.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.Apply