MEASURE, a leading aerial intelligence company, and U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao, announced Brandon Torres Declet, CEO and Co-Founder of MEASURE has been appointed to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Drone Advisory Committee (DAC).
The DAC is a broad-based, long-term federal advisory committee that provides the FAA advice on key drone integration issues by helping to identify challenges and prioritize improvements. The committee helps to create a broad strategy for the safe integration of drones into the National Airspace System.
Declet joins 11 other appointees who will serve a two-year term. New members include:
- Seleta Reynolds, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Transportation
- Dr. Paul Hsu, Founder and Chair, HSU Foundation
- Matt Parker, President, Precision Integrated Programs
- Molly Wilkinson, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, American Airlines
- Brad Hayden, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Robotic Skies
- David Carbon, Vice President and General Manager, Amazon Prime Air
- Adam Bry, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Skydio
- Kenji Sugahara, President and Chief Executive Officer, Drone Service Providers Alliance
- Brandon Torres Declet, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, MEASURE
- Dr. Jaiwon Shin, Executive Vice President, Head of UAM Division and Chief Executive Officer, Genesis Air Mobility
- Dr. Catherine Cahill, Director, Alaska Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration
- Vic Moss, Owner, Moss Photography
“By improving scalability, efficiency, and safety for commercial drone operations of all shapes and sizes, MEASURE has made significant contributions to the drone industry,” said Declet. “I am honored to join the DAC in developing, refining, and implementing much-needed solutions for integrating drones into the National Airspace System.”
“As the UAS industry continues to evolve, it is important to have DAC members who mirror the many facets of this fast-growing industry. We know the members will help the FAA ensure the highest level of safety while keeping pace with the new and innovative technology for UAS,” said FAA Administrator Steve Dickson in a press release issued by the administration.
For more information about MEASURE, visit https://www.measure.com.
For more information on the Drone Advisory Committee, visit https://www.faa.gov/uas/programs_partnerships/drone_advisory_committee/.