Hover UAV is an internationally recognised drone systems (RPAS) and technology solutions company. Our client base spans across utilities, emergency services, marine, government agencies, and drone delivery.
At Hover UAV, it is our belief that drones will have a major impact on improving safety, the environment and saving lives across the world, not just in the future but now. Our vision is to be a solution provider and the critical link between emerging drone technologies, individuals, schools, enterprise, and governments.
Experiencing unprecedented demand for our services, we are rapidly expanding our Operational Team and are seeking a full-time Field Support Manager to help us deliver our vision and shape the future of Hover UAV and the drone industry.
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing flight operations and maintenance support for both Hover UAV and some Client ReOC
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of RPA pilots, maintenance personnel and contractors
- Recruit and staff the operations team, including RPA VLOS Pilots, RPA BVLOS Pilots, Maintenance Technicians and operational Support roles
- Conduct flight operations for RPA <150kg when required
- Act as Chief Remote Pilot or Senior Remote Pilot for Hover UAV or Client ReOC’s
- Establish and maintain RPAS flight operating procedures and policies
- Establish and maintain training and proficiency of flight operations and maintenance staff
- Facilitate and support flight testing and demos
- Interact with clients both technical and management
- Make recommendations for product quality and reliability
- Identify and pursue business development opportunities
- Reviews schedules and budgets with project managers
- Approves project expenses related to the execution of flight operations
- RPAS payload technical integrations
- Sit on technical working groups for industry bodies and government.
Will have a minimum of 4 years experience in RPAS operations with experience as either a Chief Remote Pilot or Senior Remote Pilot. The successful person will also have strong technical skills and a passion to work on the leading edge of this fast-paced industry, along with:
- Excellent leadership, people management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required for effective interface with all contacts at all levels within and outside the organization
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An inherent drive to achieve company goals and objectives
- IREX rating
- Experience in BVLOS operations
- Degree in Aviation, Maintenance or management
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a range of different RPAS platforms of differing weight categories <150kg
Working for Hover UAV
For the right candidate, we are offering an attractive salary package, flexible working conditions and a chance to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial team environment. You will be a key part of the next stage of expansion for Hover UAV across the Asia Pacific.
This role would primarily be located in our Burleigh Heads, QLD (Gold Coast) office with some travel.
Hover UAV values diversity and actively encourages all people from different cultural backgrounds and age groups to apply however applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident.
If you are looking for your next exciting career opportunity, please submit a cover letter and an up to date copy of your resume.