Redwood City, California, United States
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users – from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:The core of our system is the computer vision algorithms that allow drones to understand the world around them. You will architect and implement the algorithms that run on every drone powered by Skydio as part of a world class computer vision team with researchers who have pushed the state of the art in academia and industry. We are looking for people who bring together an understanding of the relevant theory, solid software skills, and an ability to drive through to working solutions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design and implement real-time estimation, mapping, tracking, classification, and detection algorithms
- Imagine and then implement new features that unlock magic for our users
- Characterize and quantify the performance of the vision system
- Research and prototype new approaches
- Be a generalist helping out on all aspects of the software when needed
What makes you a strong fit:
- More important than specific domain experience is an ability to make the math, the algorithms, and the code all line up and work well on real world problems
- Hands-on experience with visual odometry, mapping and SLAM
- Proficiency with probabilistic inference and 3d geometry
- Optimization for computationally constrained environments
- Deep Learning – training data, neural networks, online learning
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- High proficiency in C++
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, small team environment
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.