Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users – from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
As Skydio’s Head of Security, you will be responsible for defining and implementing short and long-term, whole-product security strategies at the forefront of the drone industry. As the resident security expert for the world leader in aerial autonomy, you will define new standards for privacy and security at the intersection of AI, cloud computing, application software, and device hardware to meet a diverse spectrum of security profiles (Fortune 500, government, DoD, etc.). This also means you will be the face of Skydio within the greater security community.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Plan and drive implementation of Skydio’s security strategy and goals
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate technological risk and measure the risk quantitatively and qualitatively
- Provide qualified opinions of information security regulations, including Service Organization Control 2 (SOC 2), Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and ISO 27001 and 27018
- Protect company’s data while reducing number of known vulnerabilities in the production and corporate environment
- Partner closely with compliance and trusted resources to launch and drive various security programs
- Work closely with Product Development and Engineering to ensure that as company we produce secured products and build features to keep users and critical data safe
- Meet with partners and customers to articulate how Skydio builds secured products and protects their customer’s data
- Represent Skydio to the security community
What makes you a strong fit:
- Deep understanding of business context and technology challenges to apply appropriate security solutions in response to multiple risks and needs
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience strongly desired
- Past experience leading highly skilled application security and software security teams at technology companies. Experience in hardware environments is a plus but is not required
- Knowledge of relevant security and compliance frameworks, standards and regulations (such as SOC2, cloud security, GDPR, FedRAMP, ISO27001, etc.)
- Knowledge around security concepts and market/industry trends
- Proven strong leadership and management skills
- Great communicator who can explain detailed security issues and risks to partners and customers
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.