£45,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
Hartpury’s new Digital Innovation in Agri-Tech Project will create new innovation and demonstration workspace for high-growth SMEs in the growth phase already operating within the agri-tech sector, to explore, test, trial, research and develop products, or enhance existing ones. It’s one of the most exciting agri tech projects in the country.
A Project Manager is required to effectively manage delivery of its ERDF funded Digital Innovation in Agri-Tech project, ensuring that it meets all ERDF compliance requirements and achieves targets, all within budget.
Hartpury’s Digital Innovation Farm forms part of an exciting 10-year vision at Hartpury, which is already under way with the construction of a £2 million Agri-Tech Centre. Hartpury’s Digital Innovation Farm will include the National Centre for Agricultural Data Management and Interpretation, to assist the industry in its advancement of agricultural technology, data and security. Officially opened earlier this year by NFU President Minette Batters, the Agri-Tech Centre provides farmers, students and organisations with access to the latest commercial technology.
You will be required to demonstrate experience of using creative and innovative interpretation and problem solving skills in a number of diverse areas, including:
- Delivering an effective service in a rapidly changing external environment.
- Experience handling large projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Responding to change quickly and thinking outside the box on issues that have not been encountered before because of coronavirus.
- Developing innovative solutions to problems.
- Writing potentially complex reports and action plans.
- Assessing the options available and making recommendations based on the information and evidence available.
- Being flexible in their approach and thinking on their feet whilst still being mindful of the constraints faced by Agri-tech sector businesses.
- Thinking innovatively to help businesses to create and safeguard jobs after COVID.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
If you require further information concerning the role, in the first instance please contact: [email protected]
Click the button below to apply online, or call the HR team on 01452 702135 to request documents by post.
Closing date for applications is 17th January 2021
Interviews will be held w/c 25 January 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Click here to view the Job Description and Person Specification.