We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real-world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work at Amazon!
We’re looking for an Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Technician who combines technical skills with a passion for maintaining machinery and aircraft. People who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The UAS Technician is responsible for UAS maintenance and routine service, ensuring the aircraft conforms to design, and that vehicles are in safe operating condition. This candidate is expected to work closely with engineering, flight operations, and other Prime Air teams to deliver on their assigned responsibilities. This individual should possess strong analytical skills, be a self-starter, and work well independently.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant’s history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
· Mechanical and electrical integration or assembly experience
· Experience in installation of sub-assemblies and assemblies while working to drawings or CAD files
· Ability to carry/lift up to 50 lbs
· Demonstrate a proactive safety mindset in ambiguous situations
· Familiar with common business applications and tools (e.g. MS Office, SQL)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills
· Familiar with maintenance guidelines as defined in 14 CFR 43
· FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
· Experience using Microsoft Office and Linux
· Familiar with Python or other scripting languages
· Experience creating CAD files based on loose specifications
· Experience in the aviation industry
· Ability and license to operate a motor vehicle
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.