Development Drone Built in USA
Develop PX4 autonomous flight quickly with this open and fully programmable bind and fly development drone. This is the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Development Drone you have been looking for! Our m500 drone is built from the popular s500 hobby kit and includes a Snapdragon™-based VOXL Flight Deck configured and tested for GPS-based autonomous flight and indoor GPS-denied navigation. Obstacle avoidance stereo cameras come mounted and calibrated. This is a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon reference drone, ready for advanced autonomy development. Our goal with the m500 is to get developers up and running on VOXL quickly, so they can build their next great sUAS applications!
Due to strong sales of VOXL Flight, there is a small delay in shipping the m500 with the single board VOXL Flight (VOXL-M500-R2-2). The 2-board solution, with VOXL and Flight Core (VOXL-M500-R1-2), ships within normal lead time of 2 weeks.
Both products have the same functionality.
|m500 with VOXL and Flight Core (2-board configuration)(VOXL-M500-R1-2)||2 weeks|
|m500 with VOXL Flight (single board configuration)(VOXL-M500-R2-2)||4 weeks|
State-of-the-Art Computer Vision Development Features
Qualcomm Snapdragon-based VOXL Flight companion computer and PX4 flight controller in a single PCB for computer vision, navigation, obstacle avoidance. VOXL is an evolution of the Qualcomm Flight Pro architecture.
Mounted and calibrated stereo sensors for depth mapping and obstacle avoidance
Mounted and calibrated tracking sensor for VIO and GPS-denied navigation
Spekrum RC satellite receiver for remote control
There are 3 variants of the m500 available:
- m500 with VOXL Flight. VOXL obstacle avoidance, GPS-denied navigation and PX4.
- m500 with VOXL Flight and Gimbal. VOXL obstacle avoidance, GPS-denied navigation and PX4 paired with an off the shelf gimbal for camera stabilization. Camera not included.
- m500 Core – Flight Core only, no VOXL. This is a ready to fly PX4 development drone with no computer vision capabilities.
Developers can find comprehensive details on building a developer drone at docs.modalai.com
You can find the m500 Datasheet directly.
What is Included?
A fully flight tested m500 drone as shown in pictures, except for battery and RC transmitter. Including:
- s500 frame customized with VOXL Flight Deck
- Motors, propellers, ESCs
- 4k image sensor, stereo sensors, tracking sensor that are installed, vibration dampened, mounted, calibrated and tested
- Spektrum RC transmitter (e.g. SPM8000 or SPMR8000)
- LiPo Battery (recommended – select XT60 connector)