Location: Pune, India
We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate individual, with a strong desire to learn and ability to lead. This position is for a Flight Test Engineer, with exposure to building and flying sUAS (RC Multirotors and Fixed wings). See the detailed job description below.
• Plan and execute flight test plans for new software features, electronics, sensors, and payloads.
• Perform hands-on mechanical and electrical integration of new hardware components on the internal fleet of test vehicles for R&D and testing.
• Troubleshoot and debug any components of a drone in the office or in the field. Maintenance of vehicles – keep the fleet ready for flight tests.
• Participate in defining and validating customer workflows and enhancing User experience.
• Coordinate cross-team efforts among FlytBase engineers to resolve issues identified during flight tests.
• Drive collaboration with FlytBase Developer team, Business Development team and Customer Support team to incorporate customer feedback and feature requests into FlytBase’s product development cycle.
• Learn about the domain and competitors to propose new drone applications, as well as, improvements in existing applications
• Experience in flight testing and operating/piloting small UAS and/or RC aircraft (both fixed-wing and multirotor systems).
• Experience in using flight-planning and ground control station software.
•Familiarity with UAV platforms, like, Pixhawk, DJI, Ardupilot and PX4.
•Experience in integrating, operating, and tuning autopilots on a variety of unmanned vehicles.
•Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope) and UAS sensors.
•Ability to work hands-on with electro-mechanical systems including assembly, disassembly, testing, troubleshooting.
•Good verbal and written communication skills.
Good to have
• RF communications fundamentals.
• Passionate about aerial robots i.e. drones.
• Programming languages and scripting for engineering use (C++, C, MATLAB, Python).
As per industry standards.
+ Fast-paced Startup culture
+ Hacker mode environment
+ Great team
+ Flexible work hours
+ Informal dress code
+ Free snacks
What is FlytBase?
FlytBase (flytbase.com) develops intelligent software that leverages reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale drone deployments for commercial use-cases. The FlytBase platform is hardware-agnostic, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets via 4G/5G, and uses APIs to integrate into enterprise workflows. FlytBase is a Silicon Valley (California, USA) company and has offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards globally, the most recent one being the ‘NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019’ award.