As a Systems Engineer you will provide high impact Model-based Systems Engineering solutions to our project and research and development teams, following systems engineering best practice throughout our engineering and Research and development life cycles. From corroborating stakeholder needs to delivering safe, certified, fit-for-purpose products and supporting end users throughout product life.
Our bio-inspired systems never stop expanding in features and complexity. The pace of development is fast, so we are looking for a Systems Engineer to directly support our Design Teams in the development of our novel technologies and autonomous vehicles.
- Assisting project team technical leads with the day-to-day application and consistency of technical processes, methods and tools ensuring coherent integration of our engineering activity.
- Capturing and modelling requirements from a range of sources including existing specifications, standards, operators and management personnel.
- Prepare technical models and documentation including use cases, test cases, test procedures, design specifications and engineering change notices ensuring full bi-directional traceability.
- A solid understanding of Systems Engineering processes and standards (e.g. ISO15288, ISO42010, ISO12207)
- Understanding of Model-based Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. awareness of lifecycle issues from development of concepts through to end of life disposal.
- Proactive approach to identifying and solving problems with an ability to apply a “Systems Thinking” approach
- A bachelor’s degree (BEng, BSc) or higher, in a relevant subject e.g. Mechanical, Electronic, Software, Electrical or Engineering, or a related subject, or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience
Please see our website for full job details