Construction. Waste management. Aggregates. These industries are dirty, dangerous, and often overlooked by a world obsessed with sexy new technology, social networks, and shiny devices running the latest apps.
But without construction, you’d have no place to live or work. Without aggregates, say goodbye to your roads and sidewalks. And landfills? You get it.
Propeller sees opportunity in these vital industries. Opportunity to change how the world gets built, make extracting resources safer and more efficient, and ensure waste is handled in the most environmentally friendly way.
We give the people building our civilization the power to track, map, and measure everything they do. We close the information gap between a physical worksite and the people who manage it.
If you love the idea of working for a company that codes a latte-delivery app or builds an expensive smart water bottle, do not apply for this job.
But if this huge opportunity piques your interest or, better yet, you’re excited about smart software and hardware solutions that solve problems for honest, hard working people —Propeller is the place for you.
We’re fascinated with solving hard problems in uncharted territories. Everyone is empowered to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We’re 100% about impact and 0% about ego.
We treat each other in a way that means people love coming to work. We listen and we own our mistakes. We really like making each other laugh. We embrace and inspire change. We are transparent, respectful, and fair. Want to know what our team actually says about us? Check out our Glassdoor reviews.
This is the first role of its kind at Propeller, and hiring for it represents a unique opportunity to be a part of expanding a nationwide channel program by educating and training dealers with the goal of increasing their ability to sell and support Propeller’s solutions.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying knowledge gaps within Propeller’s US dealer network, creating education and training materials to up-skill dealers that reflects their varying levels of knowledge and expertise and delivering individual onsite training.
Propeller’s dealer network is business-critical for revenue growth, and multiple teams at Propeller interact with dealers as part of their jobs, including Sales, Business Development, Customer Success and Marketing. Cross-functional collaboration and over-communication with these teams will be necessary to ensure everyone is aligned and on the same page.
Your impact will be reflected in how successful Propeller’s network of dealers is in demonstrating, selling and supporting Propeller’s hardware and software solutions, as well as their effectiveness in being able to train their customers on Propeller’s solutions.
You’ve got experience working with channel partners at a B2B SaaS company and you understand how to navigate the delicate balance between channel and direct customer relationships. You have proven experience working collaboratively across Sales and Customer Success functions, and you’re committed to establishing successful and productive channel relationships.
You are a skilled trainer who understands the difference between simply relaying information and providing technical expertise that can be understood, retained and applied to specific end-goals. You’re adept at both fixing areas of confusion that can stem from miscommunication, as well as proactively preventing these issues from negatively impacting productive channel relationships.
You’re passionate about delivering value to the channel and you’re a self-starter with the ability to operate independently and produce results in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding environment. You understand the critical role channel partners play in a company’s customer acquisition and revenue growth. You are a confident, well-spoken and engaging presenter – when you talk, people listen. You know how to adjust your communication style for your audience and can navigate corporate politics within our channel partners’ organizations to deliver successful outcomes.
As part of the Channel Development Manager role, you will:
- Identify dealer knowledge gaps, create training materials and coordinate and deliver onsite dealer training for 40+ existing channel partnerships in North America.
- Provide dealers with the tools, resources, content and expertise to effectively demo, sell and support Propeller’s solutions with their new and existing customers.
- Create well-defined and effective processes for delivering both onsite training to individual dealers, as well as a train-the-trainer model for delivering training at scale.
- Execute against the Propeller channel strategy focused on improving channel partners’ knowledge and expertise to drive net new customers.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with US channel partners.
- Identify opportunities to expand Propeller’s technology footprint across its US dealer network.
- Create processes and KPIs for measuring and tracking the effectiveness of your training efforts on the dealers’ abilities to sell and support Propeller solutions. It’s critical that dealers retain the knowledge you’re giving them and can apply it effectively.
- Enlist the support of resources as required to up-skill the channel. Resources include within the BD, sales, customer success, account management, marketing, and pre-sales engineering teams.
- 50% of your time will be spent travelling within the US.
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales or customer training role.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, both in person and via virtual learning platforms.
- Highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – you are clear, articulate, engaging and persuasive.
- Strong project/program management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask, drive planning and ensure flawless execution in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills, and real-world examples of having a personal operating system that has enabled you to work smarter (not harder).
- Experience acting as a SaaS product expert in demonstrating how software can produce clear returns and benefits.
- Proven experience with explaining complex concepts in simple terminology.
- Capable of re-purposing sales or customer-facing training content for the channel, as well as developing new content and ways to test proficiency.
- A passion for supporting channel partner organizations and a strong understanding of channel and customer success methodologies and practices.
- Experience working cross-functionally and collaboratively to quickly build rapport with other departments and generate effective outcomes and measurable results.
- Exceptional track record in delivering high-quality finished products – attention to detail is critical to success in this role.
- Proactive, energetic, and a self-starter.
- Experienced business traveller.
- Have a remote pilot license (part 107) or be willing to get one within 30 days of hire.
Bonus points for personal experience with, or working knowledge of:
- The construction, aggregate, mining and landfill industries
- Remote sensing, photogrammetry, point clouds, ground control points, and/or surveying
- UAVs and visualization platforms
We’re really proud of our Glassdoor rating and, according to our Culture Amp survey, 100% of people here would recommend us as a great place to work. We offer employee stock options and a 401K plan; four weeks’ paid vacation; paid parental leave; and fully paid employee United Platinum PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage. Our brand-new office in RiNo comes stocked with snacks and is 10 minutes away from a dozen breweries and bars. We take being a great place to work pretty seriously.
Propeller is for everyone. We’re an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. Your gender, age, religion, sex life, or skin color won’t make a difference here. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.